Trying This Again!

Options
Hi!

My name is Kelsey. I live in Sacramento, CA with my husband and fur babies. I'm 27 and was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at age 11. I have struggled with my weight and controlling my diabetes for some time now. I tend to do really well for about 2 weeks, then totally fall off for a couple of months. I'd like to get in controll of my health and I'm hoping reaching out to the MFP community will help! Looking for friends and support. I'd also really like to connect with others with T1D.

Replies

• tgrinstain
    tgrinstain Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi Kelsey! Loved your post! Do you workout in the Sacramento area?
  • Kelseyreyne
    Kelseyreyne Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    tgrinstain wrote: »
    Hi Kelsey! Loved your post! Do you workout in the Sacramento area?

Yes! Right now I'm just working out at home and at the gym in my apartment complex atm
  • ecs1516
    ecs1516 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Kelsey, Have you looked at the Facebook groups LCHF? I heard that helps some. Also Dr. Bernstein's book. Both my boys are type 1 for 17 years. They are extremely slim but could be their age. They are on pumps and CGMs.
  • Kelseyreyne
    Kelseyreyne Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ecs1516 wrote: »
    Kelsey, Have you looked at the Facebook groups LCHF? I heard that helps some. Also Dr. Bernstein's book. Both my boys are type 1 for 17 years. They are extremely slim but could be their age. They are on pumps and CGMs.

Hi! No I haven't. I don't follow a LCHF diet. I'm on a pump, working on CGM.