Beginning my weight loss journey

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Michelle. I'm 25 years old, 5'6", 145 lbs. I have 2 children under the age of 2. I'm starting my journey to return to my pre pregnancy weight since there are no plans for any more children. I am a week and a half in to insanity workouts and have lost 5lbs. I'm looking to lose 20 more to get back down to 125 lbs. My weight loss goals may not be as extreme as others, and I plan on getting back into my pre pregnancy clothes sooner rather than later, by the end of October. I would like motivating friends on here with similar goals, situations, and/or ages. My diet isn't terrible but could use some work, so I'll gladly accept help there as well as any other advice you all can offer. I will be logging daily. Add me, thanks!

Replies

• kimmieb520
    kimmieb520 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Michelle! My situation is very similar. I only have one kiddo, but no more planned in the future. Im looking to lose about 15 pounds, but I am seriously out of shape and really I just want to fit back into my clothes. I almost got back down to my pre-pregnancy weight right after I had my daughter, but Ive slowly crept back up 10 pounds. My biggest obstacle is just getting my butt out the door to work out. My friend and I are doing the get fit thing together and helping to motivate each other too. We are signed up for a few races this summer and fall, so that helps keep me out there running and working out.

Good luck on your journey! Let us know if you ever need a push, I know we all can use one every once in a while.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle!

My name is Suzanne. I'm 5'7" and 165 lbs. I don't have any kids yet. I'm trying to get my body in optimum condition mostly for me, but also partially because I need to know that I can do it before I go and have kids. Most people I know never returned to their pre-pregnancy body weight, and I'm not sure that they tried.

Add me if you like. I log every day. :)

***edit: by me saying that most women I know have not returned to their body pre-pregnancy weight I don't mean that it's unlikely. I mean that for myself I need to knowthat I can lose weight so that when I gain weight someday in pregnancy that I'll be able to get off too. Just thought to clarify that. :)