looking for marinades to put on chicken breast

Options
13»

Replies

• amrita14sri
    amrita14sri Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    dis marinade wrks superb with mushroom n paneer (type of fresh cheese) as well. Jus add some oil n adjust d cooking time.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    THIS IS LIKE CRACK TO ME!!

I use this on chicken and pork. Please, please, try it! If you subtract the crushed red pepper, it's my favorite salad dressing, too.

Approximately:

1/4 C olive oil
    2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    1 tbsp red wine vinegar
    1-3 cloves crushed garlic
    2 tsp dijon mustard
    2 tsp brown sugar (sometimes I do more)
    fresh or dried herbs (sometimes I just do a few shakes of generic Italian seasoning)
    1-2 bay leaves
    a few generous dashes of crushed red pepper
    s/p to taste
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »

this is great. i've made this myself from scratching around the kitchen, didn't know it was a "thing." thanks.

I made this "Key West Chicken" per above recipe today - with three changes, bulked it up to 2x batch, used boneless/skinless thighs and included lime zest in the marinade. Very good, but had a more subdued flavor than I expected from the description and my prior own version; I gave it 4 hours of marinade time. Served with homemade "arroz con gandules" (rice with pigeon peas), grilled brussels sprouts and zucchini and a tomato/cucumber salad.
  • Tulip9
    Tulip9 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Usually kosher salt, black pepper, juice of one lime (squeeze and throw the wedges in with the chicken), Worcestershire sauce and some crushed garlic. So good and low calorie!
  • kathykatkitty
    kathykatkitty Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I buy the McCormick's marinade in the packages and don't use any oil in the marinade I just add water for the oil. Works just fine I've been doing it for quite some time.
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I buy the Gourmet Garden prepared herbs and chunky garlic, and I'll put whatever amount I want into a marinade bag with the chicken and fresh lime juice. Omg. It's so good!!