Ya know what I hate....

Options
Ironandwine69
Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
edited May 2017 in Chit-Chat
People that go around on forums and give exactly the same *kitten* answer to every post. Not even anything intelligent or helpful to the poster, just to argue that this doesn't work, that doesn't work.
I don't get it.
Why do people do that?

People are posting questions for a reason. And trying to tell them that what they are doing is wrong, when that's not what they are asking about is rude and wastes time on pointless arguments.

Replies

• Ironandwine69
    Options
    For example I see "Looking for Keto friends" posts, then of course you have these people give the "Keto is not a magical solution to weight loss" responses. Like who asked for your opinion if it works or not.
    We should focus on trying and answering what the person is asking. If not, we should move along.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Hate is a strong word. I'm not a fan of whining on public forums.

That being said I have never seen anyone say that keto doesn't work.
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

That being said I have never seen anyone say that keto doesn't work.

That's not what I said.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    For example I see "Looking for Keto friends" posts, then of course you have these people give the "Keto is not a magical solution to weight loss" responses. Like who asked for your opinion if it works or not.

You kinda did.
  • Ironandwine69
    edited May 2017
    Options

You kinda did.

Is not magical solution and doesn't work are two different things. Since we are going to focus on what is not even the point of this post.
    You are focusing on one thing to argue that what I'm saying is not right. Exactly my point with this post.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    People that go around on forums and give exactly the same *kitten* answer to every post.

I mean, I have a lot of copy/paste answers I use on the forums. Plateau advice, hunger tips, breakfast & snack ideas, helpful links, even a "mean people post" copy/pasta. On a forum like this where the same questions come up again and again, having basic advice ready to go without having to think through typing it every time is helpful. Especially when I'm surfing from my phone.
    Not even anything intelligent or helpful to the poster, just to argue that this doesn't work, that doesn't work.
    I don't get it.
    Why do people do that?

What one person finds helpful another finds worthless. No piece of advice will ever land with two different posters the same. I'm glad we get such a range of advices on most threads. Hopefully the OPs can take what they need and leave the rest for others.
  • Hornsby
    Options

You kinda did.

Is not magical solution and doesn't work are two different things. Since we are going to focus on what is not even the point of this blog.
    You are focusing on one thing to argue that what I'm saying is not right. Exactly my point with this post.

This isn't a blog...
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    People that go around on forums and give exactly the same *kitten* answer to every post.

I mean, I have a lot of copy/paste answers I use on the forums. Plateau advice, hunger tips, breakfast & snack ideas, helpful links, even a "mean people post" copy/pasta. On a forum like this where the same questions come up again and again, having basic advice ready to go without having to think through typing it every time is helpful. Especially when I'm surfing from my phone.
    Not even anything intelligent or helpful to the poster, just to argue that this doesn't work, that doesn't work.
    I don't get it.
    Why do people do that?

What one person finds helpful another finds worthless. No piece of advice will ever land with two different posters the same. I'm glad we get such a range of advices on most threads. Hopefully the OPs can take what they need and leave the rest for others.

I can understand that. That's actually helpful to a point.
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    We should focus on trying and answering what the person is asking. If not, we should move along.

One of my very first posts here was asking how to prevent water weight after a cheat day because I felt it was throwing off my progress. I got everything from party tips to suggestions that I get better friends. In the end, that thread spiraled pretty far off of my question, but it gave me a ton of good information, useful strategies, and good advice even though I wasn't ready to hear it at the time. Sometimes the question asked has more angles than we realize and users latch onto the bits they know to provide whatever help they feel they can. That's not always what the OP wants, but you never know when a weird tangent will be exactly what is needed to make something click for a poster. We all do the best we can.
  • Ironandwine69
    Options

One of my very first posts here was asking how to prevent water weight after a cheat day because I felt it was throwing off my progress. I got everything from party tips to suggestions that I get better friends. In the end, that thread spiraled pretty far off of my question, but it gave me a ton of good information, useful strategies, and good advice even though I wasn't ready to hear it at the time. Sometimes the question asked has more angles than we realize and users latch onto the bits they know to provide whatever help they feel they can. That's not always what the OP wants, but you never know when a weird tangent will be exactly what is needed to make something click for a poster. We all do the best we can.

The majority of people here try to be helpful. I so appreciate people that take the time to answer and give real answers, even if they are copy and paste. And then some that will focus on things they can argue with, instead of trying to help.
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    I see that you've edited the first post since I started typing my responses to call people rude and unhelpful. I disagree, but since the thread has headed toward insults, I won't continue this debate.
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    It is what it is
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    in before the lock!
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    I see that you've edited the first post since I started typing my responses to call people rude and unhelpful. I disagree, but since the thread has headed toward insults, I won't continue this debate.

I think we are reading each other wrong.

Let me use the example I used earlier. Responding with "you don't need to eat low car, all you need is CI-CO" to a "looking for keto friends" post is rude and waste of time for the OP.