What nutrition plan works for you?

Options
2»

Replies

• heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Anything I want that fits in my calories. I tend to gravitate to a decent mix of macros without having to pay much attention to it. I only pay attention to the macros as a conscious thing before a big cardio endurance thing - long runs over two hours or rides over three hours - to get more cabs and protein and less fat and fiber.

That's for energy and poop related reasons.
  • lululapagaille
    lululapagaille Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love hearing all of the responses and what works best for you! I taste tested so many plant based proteins, most of them are awful! I do like the Raw Fusion brand, the chocolate one is pretty good with PB2 and a tsp of instant coffee. I do LOVE coffee, mostly Americano's from Caribou Coffee in Minnesota. Living in England now and it's hard to find a good Americano. At least Starbucks they have weak ones here, I have them add an extra shot ;) Also, for a cheat I love Ben and Jerry's Vegan Ice Cream. Gotta have a cheat once in awhile! Thank you to everyone who has responded!
    Do you have vegan Ben & Jerry's in England ? I thought it was only available in the US and Canada ?? I'm so jealous. We don't have it in France, and no plan soon (yes, I've emailed them !! Lol)
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    I began the atkins diet a while back and lost 30 lbs. I got a bit cozy and didn't follow it as well until last year when I lost another 20 lbs. However, I gained that 20 back over the holiday up until now. Mainly what I did was cut pasta, bread, and potatoes.. along with sugar soda.. potatoes are my weakness:-( I saw that someone mentioned bloating.. I do get bloated but it's by eating bread and sometimes potatoes. I walk around looking like I have a balloon up my shirt or something. And the weird thing is it always happens at lunch.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    CICO/ macro monitoring. I don't stress myself too bad about my macros; I just try really hard to hit my protein goal every day, and THEN some on days I lift. I love CICO! It lets me live my life. I log food and forget about it. Today I was able to have half a chocolate crepe and a slice of pizza hut cheese pizza and it all fit in my calories with some to spare for my nightly special K!
  • fbchick51
    fbchick51 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I basically follow the Gov standard dietary guidelines while staying within my calorie limit. I find if I make food choices that meet or exceed the recommend health guidelines, I feel great and the weight comes off. Doesn't require me to eliminate anything, but it does drastically reduce the things that aren't good for me and moderate the items that need moderating.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I am on Paleo / Keto and I love it more and more each day.
  • tag624
    tag624 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    iifym
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    at least 50% of most of my meals are fresh produce. The rest I don't sweat too much, I don't eat food I don't like and I count my calories. My happy macros seem to be 50 carbs, 25 protein, 25 fat. 5% +- on carbs and protein. As I never restricted calories too much I feel I am getting enough protein

Anything under 45% carbs makes me cranky, and anything under 25 protein I tend to need more calories to feel full. But honestly, I don't follow macros.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    The one where I eat pretty well for the most part and have pizza on Fridays and beers on Saturday.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want within my calorie goals - I think if I had to label myself, it would be flexitarian - I eat animal products, and sometimes I eat vegetarian. I appreciate all kinds of food and cant imagine eliminating anything, especially if I liked it, unless it was for medical reasons.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I eat everything. Errrytang! Except mayonnaise- ugh. Disgusting.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I'm on the seefood diet.......if i see it i eat it. Everything in moderation (unless you have a specific health condition such a celiac etc.)
  • DiannaOnMaui
    DiannaOnMaui Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It's such an evolution! I was a former junk-food junkie, standard american diet person. First I stopped eating processed food and junk, then moved to strict Paleo for almost 3 years and ditched dairy and grains. I tried LCHF and added back dairy, but that didn't work well for me physically or athletically. In the search for clean meat I even turned to hunting. I eventually transitioned to vegan. It's a lot easier that it was even 5-10 years ago. I also love to cook, so I don't lack for variety.
  • sweetjend78
    sweetjend78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sunna_W wrote: »
    I am on Paleo / Keto and I love it more and more each day.
    I started kept about 3 weeks ago. So far, I feel fantastic!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The Canada Food Guide. I portion out my plate with veggies, add a protein and a carb. Dairy on the side.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Iifinm = if it fits in my mouth