Body extra jiggly?

Options
2»

Replies

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Well I'm glad it's normal. Still sucks though.

It does and it doesn't. Unless it really is pretty severe and huge, when you're in clothing that isn't painted-on tight probably nobody can tell you're more jiggly than before, or jiggly at all, really.

So if you're embarrassed between the sheets that's one thing, and I totally get that, trust me, BUT for the majority of your day people don't see you as more jiggly, they see you as smaller and fitter. :)
  • DapperDassie
    DapperDassie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Strength training/exercise will help with that. Congrats on your weight loss so far!
  • bele2009
    bele2009 Posts: 137 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Definitely can relate to this. 93# down and about 20 to go... Getting that squishy tummy and man boobs but as other said this is sign of progress. I wear compression shirt under a dressed shirt during the day. I find it keeps the squish in place and also a confidence booster as a bonus!

I got these cheapy ones from eBay
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Sports-Under-Armour-Body-Compression-Baselayer-Long-Sleeve-T-Shirt-Yoga-Top-/152017596160?var=&hash=item2364f46f00:m:mnsh6fUDAakO5iUZAfQE25g
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,436 Member
    Options
    Also, fat doesn't neatly melt away starting from the outer layer and proceeding to the inner layer. It can be lost pretty much anywhere in the fat mass, so things can get a little squishier/more loosely-packed as loss goes on. (I'm not saying it will get worse and worse, just that there are some unpredictable aspects to when it leaves from where.)
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and I've lost 90lbs. I did it slowly though. At some points along the way my tummy was saggy and jiggly but it tightened up over time. About 6 months ago I had a line going down from my belly button, and a bit of "mothers apron" overhang but that's mostly gone now.
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and I've lost 90lbs. I did it slowly though. At some points along the way my tummy was saggy and jiggly but it tightened up over time. About 6 months ago I had a line going down from my belly button, and a bit of "mothers apron" overhang but that's mostly gone now.

So glad to read this! I'm getting that line. Down a over 100 with about 10 more to go -- and about to turn 47.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, started at 354 and now am 272. Everything skin sucks for me. Wrinkles on the face, crepey saggy skin everywhere, flattened boobs..trying to make sure I get the right sleep, ton of water, lotion...all of it...but I think I'm going to need surgeries. :( still have 80-90 plus/minus more to go.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    If it moves like fluid rather than fat please get checked out by a doctor. Some medical conditions can cause the accumulation of fluid in the ascitic space. It moves like water rather than fat.

As others mentioned though, it may be due to less mass in your abdomen giving the remaining fat more room to move around.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    If lose skin surgery is an option in your future take a look at that. Otherwise... keep losing and start lifting weights, stay hydrated and use lotions. Don't laugh but for lose/saggy skin areas preparation H works wonders. Nerium skin firming is also excellent but pretty expensive. I use a good firming scrub every morning in the shower and then use Nerium at night. I've also used Vasoburn (ouch!) and creams like abs/buns of steel. They work ok and they do burn.. but it's tolerable :) Congratulations on the loss and keep it up! Don't worry about the jiggly or lose skin, just invest in some good creams, lotions and self-care products, use them religiously.
  • RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yup I have loose, saggy areas that jiggle the more I lose weight, from what I have read its perfectly normal, best you can do is stay hydrated, lotion, make sure your vitamins and minerals intake are good, lose weight gradually 1-2lbs per week, exercise and try and tone as you go, I'm using these 1kg dumbbell weights I have to try and tone my arms as I am sure I could fly with these bingo wings...