What are some ways to loose water weight from sodium overnight?

Options
My weigh in is tomorrow,

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Not that quickly. The best way to get rid of water weight is to drink more water, but it's going to take more than a day to filter it out.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    why do you care about losing water weight? that will just come back.
  • weightloss_acc
    weightloss_acc Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »

Hey. Then what does do sodium?

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    if you eat consistently high sodium youll consistently have "water weight" its part of you. Thats like me saying im going to not eat or drink anything and dehydrate myself to get a false reading to celebrate! Dont make it difficult, Just do your thing. Though drinking more water does help with more thn just water weight so i guess do that, Nothing crazy just until your pee is light
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Drink more water
  • JasminPetals
    JasminPetals Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Water water water water!
    It's gonna take more than a day to completely filter out, but you can get most of the way there ☺️
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I lost weight playing stupid sodium tricks. Then I got hyponatremia and decided that stupid sodium tricks were really stupid. I continued losing weight with salty food.
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I had a bad Friday and drinks Saturday I was 'up' 5lbs on the scales loads of water and back to normal eating yesterday and 4 of that has gone today. It can take a few days
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Did you make a bet with someone you'd lose a certain amount of weight tomorrow and if you don't, you'll owe them money?

If not, don't worry about it. Fluctuations are totally normal. One higher weigh-in won't affect anything in the long run.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    To counteract sodium you need more potassium. As for what to do about excess water weight, cardio in the sun will cause you to sweat it out (and get rid of some of the excess sodium while you're at it). Drinking water will just replace it.
  • missmagnoliablossom
    missmagnoliablossom Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »

Hey. Then what does do sodium?

I'm sorry, what?

To answer your original question, you probably can't get rid of extra "water weight" in one day. Act normally, realize that your weight is going to fluctuate, stop caring about what the scale says on just one day.