Have almost 100 lbs to lose and no support at all

Options
2»

Replies

• MazzyToday
    MazzyToday Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You are not alone!

My husband had Type 1 diabetes, so he indulges in empty carbs and uses insulin to compensate. When I was single, I lost 50 pounds easily because I just didn't have fatty, sugary foods in my house. But now....

I tried not buying his sweets. He would go get them.

Now, I volunteer to add them to my shopping trips, but I only get sweets that I am fairly immune to! It helps. I just brought home three kinds of cookies that I have zero interest in!

Yesterday, he got out one if those cans if aerosol, oil-based whipped cream and a spoon. Then, he chowed down. He still can't figure out why he doesn't feel good today.

Keep up the good fight. Know that his motivation for not supporting you could be fear that once you're svelte and healthy, he'll have to clean up his eating, too! It may not be the case, but it may make it seem less offensive.

I am in this alone, too. My husband knows I am eating right to lose weight, but he mostly seems worried that I will overdo something. I am almost 40 pounds down, and he has stopped trying to offer me cookies and ice cream. ☺️
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Here's what works for me: other peoples' food doesn't belong to me.

This. :)