Nandos

Options
abs1970
abs1970 Posts: 235 Member
What's best to eat. On the website it says 466 calories for a supergrain salad with 1/4 chicken breast.... 1/4???? Are they having a laugh or am I reading it wrong? :/

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Is that with or without dressing? I don't have a Nandos in my area, but based on the menu (1/2 chicken???) maybe they mean the "breast" as in both sides of the breast, so maybe like 4 oz? Is that grilled chicken or fried?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    That salad has avocado chunks and buttermilk dressing. The beans also have calories.
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Make your own salad at home.
  • abs1970
    Options
    I went for the supergrain salad with 1/4 chicken breast & they weren't kidding.... there was about four bits of chicken in there! Only 466 calories though, so can't really go wrong.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I think they mean the breast 1/4 - as in 1/4 of a chicken, but the breast portion (as opposed to leg and thigh). Oh, I saw your update - that's just sad. 466 is a decent whack for a paltry (haha see what I did there?) amount of chicken in a salad.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    'Best' would be whatever fits your goals most appropriately.

If I remember you're trying to eat more and gain, so maybe next time something with more calories.
  • abs1970
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    'Best' would be whatever fits your goals most appropriately.

If I remember you're trying to eat more and gain, so maybe next time something with more calories.
    I did have a glass of wine & bag of popcorn too so that bumped up my cals :D
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I think they mean the breast 1/4 - as in 1/4 of a chicken, but the breast portion (as opposed to leg and thigh). Oh, I saw your update - that's just sad. 466 is a decent whack for a paltry (haha see what I did there?) amount of chicken in a salad.

the butterfly chicken breast is a much better option and only 366 cals
  • abs1970
    Options

Ha ha - I definitely felt cheated with the serving of chicken!
  • TavistockToad
    Options

its for a quarter chicken with skin on, and a side of supergrain salad which has quinoa, beans, seeds and yoghurt dressing i don't think 466 is bad really.
  • abs1970
    Options
    No way was it a 1/4 chicken. Seriously had four chunks in my supergrain salad on a bed of lettuce
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    abs1970 wrote: »
    No way was it a 1/4 chicken. Seriously had four chunks in my supergrain salad on a bed of lettuce

You'll know to order something better next time! :laugh:
  • abs1970
    Options
    abs1970 wrote: »

You'll know to order something better next time! :laugh:

Next time I'm going for my usual - 1/4 chicken and fries !! :D