What to eat with eggs?

Options
AsrarHussain
AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
I am going to cook eggs. I don't want bread. I want a nice dish. I was not sure. I have been told I need to eat better carb choices so I have not been eating bread. I have wholegrain bread but it is high in fat. I am eating eggs and that's already high in fat.

Replies

• PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Salsa?
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Just eat the bread. I love multigrain flat outs or high protein wraps with a little salsa and spinach and egg.

If you really don't want bread (even though bread is not inherently bad...) try a fried egg on a potato yum!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Oats. I like a serving of oats with 2 soft boiled eggs or eggs over medium and a bit of cheese on top.

Wholegrain bread is fine.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    I have raw zucchini squash (courgette) with sodium-free seasonings, cherry tomatoes, and some salsa with my eggs for breakfast nearly every day. I use a light brushing of oil to cook the egg/egg whites. The combination of carbs, fat, and protein for under 200 Calories keeps me full for hours.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Rice. Eggs with gooey yolks are good over rice.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Omelettes are an endless source of variety. Last night I had one with pepperoni and mozzarella. Om nom nom.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »
    Just eat the bread. I love multigrain flat outs or high protein wraps with a little salsa and spinach and egg.

If you really don't want bread (even though bread is not inherently bad...) try a fried egg on a potato yum!

The seeded bread has 10 grams of fat in 2 slices. That's the only bread I have.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    Rob_in_MI wrote: »
    Bacon. Lots of it.

I can't, I am a Muslim.
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Bacon, turkey or pork. or toss them with yummy veggies and butter.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    This, this, or this. Some people also have an egg over savory oatmeal or rice.

I never have eggs without bread because they don't fill me up on their own, so bread is definitely a great carb for me. Are you trying to reduce your carb count overall, or do you believe bread is bad in itself? Or is it that it makes you hungry?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am going to cook eggs. I don't want bread. I want a nice dish. I was not sure. I have been told I need to eat better carb choices so I have not been eating bread. I have wholegrain bread but it is high in fat. I am eating eggs and that's already high in fat.

Wholegrain bread is high in fat?! :huh:
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Get one of those Japanese egg pans, which is a rectangular non-stick pan. You put one egg on it, break the yolk, spread it out and cook the egg. Then you sprinkle on top a layer of all the suggestions you have received above. Then start at one end and roll the egg into a masterpiece of nutritional connivance.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    rs9ur07fb3d2.jpg

Picture Ref: http://www.reclaimingprovincial.com/2012/06/28/veggie-quinoa-bibimbap/

I like my eggs over easy on top of brown rice or quinoa, plus whatever left over veggies I have in the fridge, beans, lentils, and sauce - lots of sauce!

That said, you don't need to worry about "good fats" like olives, olive oil, avocados, grass fed butter, grass fed animal fat, wild salmon with skin, sardines...

Bread has little fat usually - but lots of carbs. Unless you are going to go Keto / Paleo some carbs are okay just don't over do it.

See this website for a list: http://paleoiq.com/best-paleo-diet-blogs/