I'm excited and looking forward to showing off my weight loss to family and friends!

Options
MrsPinterest34
MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
edited May 2017 in Success Stories
So far I've lost 18lbs. Which is not much and I'm 2lbs away from my halfway goal. I live in a different state from my family. I haven't seen them or my close friends since I started my weight loss journey this January. I also deactivated my Facebook account to focus on my weight loss goal and to surprise everyone for my birthday next month. I haven't told anyone I'm trying to lose weight. I'm also losing weight to inspire my mom to get fit so that she can get off her Blood pressure medications. I'm doing things differently this year and I have decided to celebrate my birthday with my Mom and grandma. I reserved a 5 start hotel and spa for us, my way of saying thanks to them for all the hard work raising my siblings and I. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the expression on my mom's face and the feedback from my Facebook friends. I have to say, I really didn't think it was possible for me to lose weight. I assumed I was meant to be permanently fat. I'm really surprised that it's really happening and the weight is coming off. I hope to inspire my friends struggling with weight loss when I reach my goal.

Anyone else pretty much doing the same thing, maintaining a low profile to lose the weight and then surprise close friends and family with the final results?

Replies

• pennygm72
    pennygm72 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Firstly congratulations on all your hard work, I'm certain your family will be stunned and delighted to see you! All my family live in France, I'm in the UK, they've asked for photos as they know I'm losing weight but I've told them they'll have to wait until the summer when we next see them. FB isn't too much of an issue as I rarely post photos of myself anyway.
  • jroth261
    jroth261 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    That's an exciting idea and a really thoughtful thing to do for your mom and grandma! I haven't vocalized my weight loss goals to any family but my BF but only bcuz I don't care to either way unless it happened to come up. Although I secretly hope ppl I'm not fond of but haven't seen in a while just happen to run into me or see a pic on FB when I do reach my goal haha. I hope your Bday is lovely. You'll have to post an update then!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!