Quotes and defining moments

Options
I picked up an old book today that I couldn't remember if I read before or not. One of the pages was dogeared so I figured maybe I'd stopped there, but since I couldn't remember I decided to start from the beginning.

When I came to the dogeared page, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I'd marked the page because of what was written.

I'm going to backup here, because it's necessary. I started my weight loss journey in January 2016. By June, I had successfully lost about 55 pounds. I got down to my lowest weight of 148 around Thanksgiving. I gained some, and have been maintaining around 155 until a few weeks ago. I had a vacation coming up and just went off the rails. I returned from vacation yesterday and weighed in this morning at 163 pounds. While I was on vacation I made the conscious decision that when I came back I would cut out booze and track everything that went in my mouth for the next 30 days.

When I first started my weight loss journey I had a conviction I can't explain. It was SO deep inside and I was unshakable. Somewhere along the way I lost it and I've had a really hard time getting it back.

Anyway, without any further ado, here are the words from my dog eared page "When you make a serious, fully conscious decision to invest in yourself, it will be the biggest investment you'll ever make."

Today, I am fully, consciously, and seriously investing in myself again.

If you have any quotes that have changed things for you or giving you inspiration I would love to hear them!

Replies

• saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Slow progress is still progress. Keep going!
  • marelthu
    marelthu Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have this up on my fridge:
    "You always have two choices when things begin to get tough: you can either overcome an obstacle and grow in the process or let it beat you. Humans are creatures of habit. If you quit when things get tough, it gets that much easier to quit the next time. On the other hand, if you force yourself to push through a challenge, the strength begins to grow in you." - Travis Bradberry, PhD