Couch to 5K SUCCESS! Down nearly 100lbs! (Before & After Pictures)

Options

Replies

• shawneelaraye
    shawneelaraye Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look great.

I also recently started using the C25K app. I'm a 50 yo 5'8 male and when I started in Dec. I weighed 225 (BMI around 34). I was not as dedicated to the weight loss program at first with my diet but I did run as scheduled and was down to 220 in Feb at the completion of the program.

I ran my first 5K on Feb 22 in 35 minutes. Since that 5K I have really started to eat healthier and that along with the running has really caused the weight to drop. I now run 3.5-4 miles a day and ran another 5K in April which I finished in 29 minutes. My weight this morning was 189 (BMI 28) woohoo, no longer obese, now only overweight. For people that enjoy running, this program works.

Thanks for sharing your stoy.

@cameronheel your story is so inspiring! Congratulations on improving your time and for the weight loss! I'm sure you feel so much better too! You are going to get there and I'm proud of you!
  • FelinaDC
    FelinaDC Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You're killing it, awesome job!
  • Kclee2903
    Kclee2903 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This is great!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Well done!
  • shawneelaraye
    Options
    Just about to start couch 2 5k myself, more for health than the weight loss aspect. Great inspiration though, well done!

I did it for the health aspect too, but I had weight to lose!! So it's a plus plus! My endurance is much higher too! Thank you!
  • shawneelaraye
    Options
    You look amazing! I've thought about downloading that. You're inspiring I think I will! Congratulations!

I am so glad to have inspired you! I really hope you do, at least to try it out! I loved it because I love a challenge! And not falling into the same boring routine everyday!
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I always find it hard to lose weight while training, because I run 2 miles and I feel like I can eat as if I ran 20. Your loss is an inspiration.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    OH. MY. GOD!! Your results are awesome! Great work.
  • joolsscott06
    joolsscott06 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, well done
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    C25K is the best!

You're amazing!

How tall?
  • norawaller
    norawaller Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    great job! It looks like you were wearing knee braces in the second photo? did you stop needing them as you lost more weight?
  • shawneelaraye
    Options
    C25K is the best!

You're amazing!

How tall?

I love it too!!!!

And thank you! I am 5'6"!
  • shawneelaraye
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    OH. MY. GOD!! Your results are awesome! Great work.

Thank you so very much!
  • shawneelaraye
    Options
    ValeriePlz wrote: »
    Congrats!! I always find it hard to lose weight while training, because I run 2 miles and I feel like I can eat as if I ran 20. Your loss is an inspiration.

Girrrrrl, I feel ya! As long as we try to make it healthy foods, we should be good, right?

Although, you can't outrun a bad diet! :)
  • shawneelaraye
    Options
    njwall wrote: »
    great job! It looks like you were wearing knee braces in the second photo? did you stop needing them as you lost more weight?

My knees actually never really hurt even when I was at my highest weight. I wore them as a precaution while running to help keep my joints in place and to protect them! I can run without braces and my knees seem fine! :) I still wear them even now to help out my knees just in case!
  • jackiemarie3
    jackiemarie3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I wanted to make a short post in between the one I will make when I reach my goal weight.

I am proud of myself.

My highest weight ever was 280lbs. Last summer, in the beginning of August I weighed 266lbs. I decided I wanted to live a long and healthy life. So I started walking. And then I started running. And then also lifting off and on (I want to get more into that!) I now weigh 189 lbs!

I just decided a few months ago that I wanted to start a program to start running longer distances. I've been running on my treadmill. So I downloaded a couch to 5K app! Today, I ran 3.1 miles in 31 minutes!

I am now planning on increasing my speed and running outside instead of on my treadmill since the weather is getting nicer, and then enter a 5K race! And then after that,

10K here I come!

First photo is from last summer. I was around 265-270lbs.

The second photo is today after completing the 5K run! 189lbs.

The third photo is a recent photo of me.
    I wanted to make a short post in between the one I will make when I reach my goal weight.

I am proud of myself.

My highest weight ever was 280lbs. Last summer, in the beginning of August I weighed 266lbs. I decided I wanted to live a long and healthy life. So I started walking. And then I started running. And then also lifting off and on (I want to get more into that!) I now weigh 189 lbs!

I just decided a few months ago that I wanted to start a program to start running longer distances. I've been running on my treadmill. So I downloaded a couch to 5K app! Today, I ran 3.1 miles in 31 minutes!

I am now planning on increasing my speed and running outside instead of on my treadmill since the weather is getting nicer, and then enter a 5K race! And then after that,

10K here I come!

First photo is from last summer. I was around 265-270lbs.

The second photo is today after completing the 5K run! 189lbs.

The third photo is a recent photo of me.

• jackiemarie3
    jackiemarie3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud. You look amazing.
  • EmbeeKay
    EmbeeKay Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Absolutely incredible! You look like an entirely different person. Congratulations! I wish you much success in your future!
  • hoorayselma
    hoorayselma Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    OMG !! U look great and 10 years younger... wtg!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    MFP Rockstar! B)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!