Interesting Issue

Options
2»

Replies

• alexialmann
    alexialmann Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    And yes, I do have a "sudden loss of appetite" when I'm exhausted. Because my body wants sleep more than food, which is why my stomach contracts and make me not want to eat. I do believe in the hierarchy of needs, sleep actually comes before food. We can't survive without sleep for less time than without food if I recall correctly.

I think as you said, I will just "ride it" for a bit and go from there if it starts affecting me.

I believe they both are on the same level in the Maslow model. IIRC.

I have never heard of this stomach constriction to sleep rather than eat thing. I wish! If I am extremely hungry I actually can't eat. My drive is to find the sustenance first, before relaxation, even when exhausted.

Good luck and good health to you.

Yeah, it's weird I know. Always been like that though for as long as I can remember. i'm a sleep first kinda girl I guess! LOL

Thank you for your input, I wish you the same!

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'd be ploughing into a jar of peanut butter face first if i had your problem :lol:
  • alexialmann
    alexialmann Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'd be ploughing into a jar of peanut butter face first if i had your problem :lol:

I can eat it sometimes (had some today actually) but most of the time I'm not into it LOL

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I agree with making sure you get enough protein. An idea is to add protein powder to your coffee, but it mixes best with a blender (glass is best due to heat, unless you have a plastic blender designed to handle high temperatures).

Otherwise, listen to your body.

Never thought about adding it to coffee, that might be tasty. Do you know a good brand that blends well? I can't stand Muscle Milk, the one they have at LifeTime is pretty good but so expensive.

Most often, I've just used the GNC brand. My preference is chocolate, but sometimes banana is a lighter option.
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    In regards to logging, I have friends who I know have found it helpful to rename the meals in their diary! Instead of breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks, they are things like "12am-6am" "6am-12pm," etc. YMMV
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest an iced coffee protein drink to help top up your calories as I was reading through the thread- but it has just come up.

I use kaizen vanilla from Costco. I just make a cup of strong coffee, cool it in the fridge, then mix it with a scoop of powder, adding ice cubes to fill the container. A banana or orange go well.

You could also get yourself some protein bars to snack on.

Cheers, h.