Entree choice at seafood restaurant

Options
I will be going to this restaurant for a celebration dinner and everything sounds so good! I should have around 1200 calories to work with and I know I'll want two glasses of white wine. What do you guys think?

http://bcatch23.com/supper-menu/

Replies

• beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    The menu is really tiny on my phone, but I would probably go for crab cakes or Chilean sea bass. This seems like a higher quality restaurant where the crab cakes are probably broiled and don't have a lot of bread-y filler.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    No need to dwell. Chilean sea bass. Ah I love getting a whole fish with a glass of wine.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Fresh oysters on the half shell, roasted potatoes, asparagus, and one of the grilled fishes. Sea bass, salmon, grouper, whichever. I love salmon but might go sea bass.

Yeah I feel like you can get salmon anytime. If you see Chilean sea bass or a Branzino on the menu though...yes. Gotta get it.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Planning ahead and saving calories is exactly what I do for big dinners at restaurants! The menu sounds amazing!

I would also plan to have wine with dinner, so that's around 250 cals. I would go with one of the fresh seafood options with the grilled asparagus or the haricot vert. Maybe the house salad if you enjoy it, or share an appetizer like the tuna tartare or the mussels.

Additionally, assuming you are set at a deficit for your goal, you could opt to eat at maintenance cals for the day while still staying in a deficit for the week.

Enjoy!
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Now that is a menu where I could start at the top and just work my way down to the bottom.

I'd be tempted to go for the seafood tower (but that's probably because according to my husband I am actually half woman, half sea-otter).

Whatever you choose, I'm sure it will be delicious.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Fresh oysters on the half shell, roasted potatoes, asparagus, and one of the grilled fishes. Sea bass, salmon, grouper, whichever. I love salmon but might go sea bass.

This
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I can't see the menus but sea food is my favorite!

I just loooooove oysters! Grilled (not fried!) shrimps, calamari.
    I looooove grilled octopus. Maybe a lobster, if your cholesterol is ok.

And off course fish, steamed or grilled, as the matter of fact I've been having steamed fish for lunch for almost a week.
    Sea bass, flat fish (not sure it's name in English), salmon, although it's the most fattening one.

Seafood is great! Very good for your health, high in protein and less calories!

As a side dish I'd take some fresh spinach with tomatoes, fresh strawberry and small nuts. And a bit of lemon juice with olive oil, or balsamic vinegar and olive oil if you prefer, though I don't like balsamic with seafood.

With those options you'll have enough calories to have also nice bread with olive oil or butter and 2-3 glasses of white wine.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Anything not breaded and/or doused in a cream sauce or eaten with a ginormous serving of pasta. Assume that anything you order will be at least 2-3 meals worth and get a container.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'd probably do a surf/turf - or salmon
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Read this about fraudulent foods before you choose Sea Bass:

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2014/02/11/most-common-counterfeit-foods-and-how-to-identify-them.html

Yeah, its fox news but there are other more reputable sources that say the same thing.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the seared tuna...one of my favorite things.
  • BigBadVanna
    BigBadVanna Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the great suggestions! Just thinking about it makes me hungry. I'm planning on getting either the seared tuna or sea bass. What should I do with logging, just guesstimate the ounces of fish and then log, what, like 4T of butter (or oil for the tuna) with it?