Just weighed myself and it's not pretty

Options
danpfost
danpfost Posts: 2 Member
edited May 2017 in Introduce Yourself
I knew it wasn't going to be pleasant but sure enough, there it was - "295". I'm 5'10", 32 years old. I was a swimmer in college and I've been yo-yo'ing for the past 10 years. Tonight though, this is the heaviest I've ever been. I just cleaned out my cupboards and fridge and am ready to change.

Couple things that I'm going to need support on, 1) I have an arthritic back, which leads to very painful muscle spasms at no notice. This makes exercising pretty difficult (at least the kind I'd mentally want to do, but physically can't). I'm limited to basic body weight plyos and the elliptical at this point. Looking forward to the summertime and pool time. 2) I'm an emotional eater and am going to need to learn ways to trudge through stress. I'm all ears. I'm willing to try anything at this point. 3) I live alone, which I suppose carries with it some pros and cons.

Any feedback or group invites would be appreciated!

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    There is a vast reservoir of knowledge in this community. Use it.
    Using the Search button up there, you can find every discussion including terms such as "emotional eating", "arthritis", and even "mfp is not a hook-up site". It helps to be humble when you're learning.
  • DapperDassie
    DapperDassie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I'm also an emotional eater/binge eater and have fibromyalgia/chromic fatigue along with being a single mom. I've lost 32 lbs now with 43 more to go. Hypnosis has really helped me with the emotinal and binge eating. There's free videos on youtube that you can listen to. I like the one that goes on for 8 hours while you sleep