Kombucha suggestions?

Options
2»

Replies

• Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    GT Dave's Grape or Strawberry
    Trader Joe's Gently Gingered Kombucha (in a can). It tastes quite a bit like a beer!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I like GT's brand as well. My two favorite flavors are Mojito and Raspberry Chia!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    YalithKBK wrote: »
    There is no evidence that Kombucha has any significant health benefits. Save your money.

This. Some can even contain alcohol but below the legal limit to be sold as such. I had a co-worker who drank it all the time. He was alcohol tested (the tongue dip test) and it came back positive. He also had a low blood alcohol level..... he's never had alcohol a day in his life (religious reasons).
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    The grains are a lot easier to manage then a kombucha scoby (mother) or dairy kefir grains.

What language are you speaking?

The thread had me at "sour drink", but lost me with the jargon. :smile:

You people with your crunchy words, I bet you all have dreadlocks and long toenails. :smiley:

• lgill1127
    lgill1127 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Kevita is a good entry point into the 'buch world. My favorite Kevita flavors are Ginger, Lavender Melon, and Peach Pineapple.

I personally would not recommend GT's Trilogy to a newbie. It was my first taste of kombucha and it immediately turned me off to all kombucha because it tasted like straight vinegar.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    You can make your own and flavor it how you like. There are ways of growing the scoby you can look up online, I think one way is to find some pure apple cider vinegar, but not sure. I had one given to me. You can use different types of tea bags for the flavor and you can mix it with fruit juices to your liking.

I found it too much of a pain to keep drinking it or tossing it if you didn't use it, but it is pretty hardy.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I make my own. I have two scobys and feed then different things to influence the taste. Love it so much more than bottled!