Feeling so hopeless, helpless and generally demoralised.

Options
2»

Replies

• Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Geez I'd pack a lunch before eating any of that slop.
  • sheps1990
    sheps1990 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well today, they gave us pork, beef, curried potatoes. I ate half of the curried potatoes then asked for some lotus plant and green veggies. I ate those, chucked the rest and have come home to have two boiled eggs and an apple. Hopefully if I continue this way I can still eat bits of staff meals (thus not offend the chef) and lose weight.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    sheps1990 wrote: »
    Well today, they gave us pork, beef, curried potatoes. I ate half of the curried potatoes then asked for some lotus plant and green veggies. I ate those, chucked the rest and have come home to have two boiled eggs and an apple. Hopefully if I continue this way I can still eat bits of staff meals (thus not offend the chef) and lose weight.

Could you ask for food to be prepared without sauces etc?have extra salad and vegies? That may make things a bit easier?
  • sheps1990
    Options

Could you ask for food to be prepared without sauces etc?have extra salad and vegies? That may make things a bit easier?

Ive actually just asked if, from now on I could have the vegetarian option which some of my other colleagues have and he is fine about it so I will look forward to more veggie-filled trays from tomorrow.

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    First of all, you're really well built and a nice healthy weight. I know it must be hard in your position, but try not to compare yourself to people with completely different genetics! Just because a Chinese xl is the same as an American medium doesn't mean you need to lose weight.

It looks like you are more toned in the second photo (and also maybe wearing a better bra).
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Hi OP - with regards to your Diet Coke thing, I drink loads of diet drinks (Pepsi Max or Coke Zero at the moment) and am still losing :)

You have such a great body on the way there, keep working at it and don't worry if you can't see results just with your naked eye - you see yourself every day so it's understandable if you can't see obvious progress.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

Ive actually just asked if, from now on I could have the vegetarian option which some of my other colleagues have and he is fine about it so I will look forward to more veggie-filled trays from tomorrow.

I would have asked for more protein... Vegie based will still be very carb dense (probably more so!) not just vegetables
  • sheps1990
    Options

I would have asked for more protein... Vegie based will still be very carb dense (probably more so!) not just vegetables

Hmm... he's Chinese with bad English so it was just easier for me to ask him for the same as what he gives the other foreign teachers. Being China, everything is doused in oil which is probably holding me back a bit too!
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    It's really tempting to use weight loss as an outlet when other things are out of control.

You look great; I recommend setting fitness goals rather than weight goals. Master new strokes or try to beat your lap records.

As others have pointed out, using clothing size as a metric when 99% of the people for whom those clothes are made have a totally different body type than you is unfair to yourself. Square peg, meet round hole--you know?

Enjoy your adventure! What a neat opportunity you've found! Don't spend it navel-gazing!
  • sheps1990
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Well here's a sample of the vegetarian option - it's definitely an improvement.
    470brh68fava.jpg
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    Well here's a sample of the vegetarian option - it's definitely an improvement.
    470brh68fava.jpg

Wow, what a difference - perhaps ask for a side of meat? :p or take your own hb eggs?