Have been gaining weight after eating clean, and working out. Need help !!!

Options
2»

Replies

• EmbeeKay
    EmbeeKay Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I see it all so clearly now. ;)
  • nrahimunisa
    nrahimunisa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your answers. i was new to mfp, didnt get email notification. Didnt know i was getting response. I am looking for weight loss. I am 138 pounds, and want to go to 128. I am 41 yr old female, 4 days workout for 45 mins, HIIT for cardio and High intensity strength training. I measure only 2-3 days a week and feed to mfp. Mostly got idea on quantity. I know i cheat 10-20%. I am having control problems for that.
    Do you need any other information?

Based on iifym, my bmr is 1277 and tdee is 1661. I am going to try carbs cycling for 2 days high carbs, and 5 days low carbs
    Mon and Sat : 1600 Calories (Carbs 50%, Fat 10%, Protein 40%)
    Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sun: 1350 Calories; C:20%; F:30%; P: 50%

Once i get used to this, i will add one day No carbs.

Does this look good? Any advise. Is there a site i feed in my TDEE and it gives me the plan and numbers.

Thanks
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    Work out your TDEE (google it) then start logging everything you consume. Use a scale. Don't guess. Do that for a week or two and you'll soon see that you are consuming more calories than you use each day- that is the only way to gain weight.

It doesn't matter how "healthy" the food is you'll still gain weight if you eat more than you need. You can eat more carrots than cake for 100 calories, but it's still 100 calories.

why work out TDEE...MFP does all that for you.

Personal anecdote - I found knowing my TDEE was helpful because it helped me not freak out if I went over my MFP goal number.

For example: My MFP goal is 1500. My TDEE is 2500. I have a calorific day and eat 2000 calories. Without knowing my TDEE, I would personally get down on myself for screwing up so badly. But, once I knew my TDEE, I realized that, while I didn't hit my MFP goal, I was still under TDEE for the day and therefore still in a deficit.

This is why I use both. Good points.
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    But if you've gained, you've eaten more than you've burned. 100 calories per day over maintenance will gain you 10 pounds over a year (approximately).

This right here is very enlightening (well, I think so anyway). Even if you are eating a nice, fresh, healthy apple each day more than you are burning, that weight is going to creep on.

I'm far from perfect myself, but if you are not seeing the results you want, then my advice is to improve your logging of food. Every day.
    I need to take my own advice and step up the logging, but I do know that is why the scales aren't moving right now for me.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If eating 'healthy' was all it took to lose weight, it would follow that people who ate healthy all the time would eventually waste away. It is very, very possible to eat 'healthy' (whatever that means to you) and maintain or gain weight.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Oh I could gain mad weight "eating clean" and exercising.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I think you should try logging your food every day, eating the amount of calories that mfp tells you to eat (log accurately, with a food scale), and see how it goes. Sounds like you're just kind of half-assing it, which is fine, but it's not working for you.
  • nrahimunisa
    nrahimunisa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advises. past 4 days i have been logging daily with 5% error. i will get better, i started carrying my weight machine to work as well to measure food. hoping to get better at it .