Partridge berry nutrition

Options
zyxst
zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
Anybody have a link to nutritional info on partridge berries? My Google-fu brings up nothing.

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    What exactly do you consider as a partridge berry?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partridge_berry

Is it the Canadian 'Lingonberry?

If that's the case, this is what I find:

http://frida.fooddata.dk/ShowFood.php?foodid=769&2

• zyxst
    Options
    I have no idea which one it is. I have 2 kgs frozen. They look like blueberries.
  • ladyreva78
    Options
    Blueberries that are on the reddish side?

Then I highly suspect that it is indeed the lingonberries (if I can trust the images I find using google) and you can probably go with the nutrition data in the link I provided (or something similar) or simply use a blueberry usda entry. The difference will probably be found in the micros and not in the macro distribution. Depends on how close is good enough for you.

The pictures I've seen does make me want to try them :tongue:
  • zyxst
    Options
    Here are some I have thawing out. I was told to treat them like blueberries for baking purposes.
    71grubejlnea.jpg
  • ladyreva78
    Options
    They really just look like special kinds of blueberries. So the simplest is probably to treat them like it for logging purposes as well. I doubt they can pack that much of a difference as long as you account for weight.

When I'm lazy and having mixed berries, I usually just pick one and log the weight for just that one. *shrugs* works for me.

But oh my... do they look yummy!
  • zyxst
    Options
    I told my husband that these partridge berries tasted just like blueberries, even looked the same. He told me partridge berries are red blueberries. I think I was had, or Newfoundlanders have a new name for wild blueberries. Sometimes I hate the people up here.