Teacher Struggles

Options
asamaya74
asamaya74 Posts: 1 Member
Trying to be healthy but students show up with treats! UGH!!!!

Replies

• mohamedahmed07
    mohamedahmed07 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You can give them to someone your family, your parents, your friends, they would be happy to have them from you, or you can even give them to a homeless person on the street, you don't necessarily have to eat them.
  • Judikim118
    Judikim118 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    They Look delicious! Take one and share them with the other teachers (leave them in the teachers lounge/staff room)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Take one and at the end of class, let the kids have the rest. Let the next teacher deal with their sugared up backsides (or end of day and let the parents deal). :laugh:

Seriously though there are plenty of options for giving then away, as already mentioned.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    I just take it, then hand it off to someone else when the kids are out of the room. No problem. Or I plan it in and run an extra 5k that evening.
  • sleivian
    sleivian Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Our teachers lounge has had treats brought in every day for more than two weeks. I'm avoiding them for the most part, but we need to start the trend of teacher appreciation fruit plates! I was going to try to make major progress before school ends on the 24th, but I'm failing!!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Oh if you could only see the teaching situation I'm in. It's a nightmare. I teach in NYC and it's just like the *kitten* you see in the movies.

Just be grateful. Take a bit, don't take a bit, give it to someone else. My kids can't afford dinner let alone a treat for their teacher.
  • abrubru
    abrubru Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Oh if you could only see the teaching situation I'm in. It's a nightmare. I teach in NYC and it's just like the *kitten* you see in the movies.

Just be grateful. Take a bit, don't take a bit, give it to someone else. My kids can't afford dinner let alone a treat for their teacher.

I'm in inner city as well, and our student's families have a median income of $7000 (you read that correctly). If a kid gives me food, I take it and make a big show of it even if I put it away for later or give it someone else or share it with the whole class. My teacher problems would include students not having supplies, support, regular food, clothing, their medication...this week one of my students came to school in tears because her mom's boyfriend's friend stole her anxiety medication.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Can't you just leave them in the teacher's lounge? Push the evil off on other teachers.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    abrubru wrote: »
    bbell1985 wrote: »

I'm in inner city as well, and our student's families have a median income of $7000 (you read that correctly). If a kid gives me food, I take it and make a big show of it even if I put it away for later or give it someone else or share it with the whole class. My teacher problems would include students not having supplies, support, regular food, clothing, their medication...this week one of my students came to school in tears because her mom's boyfriend's friend stole her anxiety medication.

Word. A kid gave me a cheeto today and I got so excited and did a dance in the cafeteria. My babies come to school in ripped, dirty school uniforms because they only have one...we have two social workers for 400 kids and they are working non-stop.