New to MFP

Options
wdedoelder
wdedoelder Posts: 59 Member
edited May 2017 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Wanika. I am a 42 year old mother of 3 with varying ages 21, 15 and 12. I have had a C-Section, Appendix removed, Gallbladder removed and recently Surgery on my lower spine. I was 236 at 5'6" about 15 months ago when I decided to do something about it. I started to use our Incline treadmill and IFit to get into better shape. I managed to lose 40 pounds in about 7 months with very little change to my diet. I stalled at 194 for a few months and came down with a nasty bug that sent me to the hospital. I completely stopped drinking soda (of which I was pretty addicted to) after that and stuck to water or unsweet tea. I gained 20 pounds back. My diet and exercise routine had not changed at that time at all. I went to a nutritionist which helped me lose the 20 pounds again, but once again I am back at 194 where I have sat for the last month.

I was using Samsung health, but I decided to give MFP a try. It says that I should eat 1200 calories a day, but my nutritionist suggests 1500. I am so lost with this. I have been eating less than 1500 every day (minus my one cheat day with ice cream) for the last month and I am not losing anything. *Grumbles*

If any one has some advice or would like to add me, please let me know :)