How big of a change did the last 20lbs make?

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm on the home stretch here with my weight loss, the last 20 pounds. I'm just wondering for those of you who have reached your goal, what are the big changes you noticed closer to the end? It seems that now that I'm this close, each pound is making a difference. At least that's what I'm telling myself. I want to bear about your experiences. I'm excited to see what the end will bring me. I'm hoping my tummy will finally be flat(ter), etc. I'm really hoping this will be the final bit that takes the cake.

Thanks.

Replies

• jbpretty
    jbpretty Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • mrshallewell
    mrshallewell Posts: 318
    Options
    Im no where near the end of my journey as i still have around 50lbs to go, but i have lost 22lbs so far and i can tell absolutely no difference at all. ALL of my clothes still don't fit, and i'm feeling absolutely crappy for it. Unfortunately, the pictures i took on 20th may and 20th june have been deleted so i cant even show my starting point compared to now. And to think, i gave up chocolate this month, day 25 and im not better for it.
  • Brummig
    Brummig Posts: 94
    Options
    For me the last 14lb was a lot bigger change than I expected. I lost over 4 stone and then had settled there for about 18 months, before doing that last 14lbs. Very noticeable on the boobs, and the waist. I still have some loose skin on arms, but you can see the muscle definition much better now, and some skin on belly which isn't great, but in general its great! I am in size 10 tops, and have a few size 8's - I thought these were a myth!
  • jbpretty
    Options
    It will come mrshallewall. Brumming, that is so exciting! I won't feel so bad if I lose some boobage if my waist is going down.
  • beckyhoo
    beckyhoo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about this too. I have 15 - 25 lbs to go, but still feel like I have a lot of jiggle left to lose and toning to do.
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    The last few pounds took a long time to come off. I tried changing things up but in the end it just took patients and a lot of determination. Good luck!
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    It seems that now that I'm this close, each pound is making a difference. At least that's what I'm telling myself. I want to bear about your experiences.

They are slow and annoying, but they make the biggest/fastest visual difference.

Clothes that technically fit but didn't really flatter go from meh to wow with a 2 lb difference, it's much faster to drop a whole size, and people notice much faster. Nobody notices when you drop 20 lbs at 200, but everyone notices when you drop 5 at 140. Starting to see muscle is a really big visual change - I only started to see my abs during the last 10 lbs.

Can't wait to see the last 5 go :)
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I lost 58 pounds, total, and the final 10 or so pounds made a much, MUCH bigger difference in my appearance than the first 25. Keep going long enough and your body will eventually have to start burning off the fat from your "first on/last off" problem areas, after the excess has been pretty much depleted everywhere else. In my case the final 10 pounds came almost entirely from my belly and midsection, taking them from soft and flabby to firm and smooth.
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am realizing that I have to go a little further than planned to achieve what I want. My initial goal was 200 pounds, and I am about 27 pounds away. I am going to go an extra 10 and see where that takes me. Right now things seem to be slowing down, but if I look at things by months, I am still losing about the same. It just takes a few weeks of an apparent plateau to get there.
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    In my experience it's HUGE!! I only had 10 to go to goal and I broke my leg and gained 6, those 6 were the difference between wearing a pair of jeans or not! I've almost got those 6 off now and sure enough, the jeans fit, the stomach is flatter, the muscle deinition is showing better! Can't wait to see what the last 10 do :)
  • bchthrpy
    bchthrpy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have hit a major plateau with my last 10 lbs. I will lose 5, gain 5, lose 5 gain 5....I have change my workout routines, don't "eat my calories back" but may start doing that! I notice a difference as I have lost 40 lbs. but I desperately want to lose the last 10.
  • Pheonix2012
    Pheonix2012 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 13 lbs, and am down to my last 15-20 to lose , and it made a huge difference. It's all about what type of weight you are losing. I was/am doing a lot of strength training , so my muscles are tight, and more defined, as opposed to someone who might now work out and are still " flabby- skinny". I may have lost fat, but gained some weight back in muscles. Just in losing my last 6 lbs, I've dropped two pants sizes and a dress size. Try and track your inches instead, I feel like that's what people should really be tracking to accurately assess their achievements.
  • Mareebzz
    Mareebzz Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I noticed the biggest difference with the last 7 lbs I lost!! All the sudden I had these super-toned arms! And this is going to sound stupid, but I really didn't even notice them until someone mentioned something to me about how good they looked. I was so used to covering up that I DID NOT EVEN NOTICE MY OWN ARMS!!! Now I wear sleeveless stuff all the time! :drinker:
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 13 lbs, and am down to my last 15-20 to lose , and it made a huge difference. It's all about what type of weight you are losing. I was/am doing a lot of strength training , so my muscles are tight, and more defined, as opposed to someone who might now work out and are still " flabby- skinny". I may have lost fat, but gained some weight back in muscles. Just in losing my last 6 lbs, I've dropped two pants sizes and a dress size. Try and track your inches instead, I feel like that's what people should really be tracking to accurately assess their achievements.

Love this! I am a recovering scale addict ;) and even though I still weigh myself daily I also use the tape measure as I am lifting a lot of weight in the home stretch. If I don't hit my magic number I'll be ok, if I hit my magic waist size :)
  • jbpretty
    Options
    I can only hope the last 20 takes a lot off my arms and abdomen. That would make me so happy! I am noticing right under my belly (pubic area?), there is spec there. My tummy is definitely shrinking. My pants look much better with the last 5ish pounds that I've lost. Plus my upper/inner thighs look different, smaller. I know it'll come, I just wonder what's to come. I haven't been this thin ever. Well, maybe when I was 10 or 12 years old. :)
  • jbpretty
    Options
    Believe it or not, my shoulders are more defined. The closer I get, the fat is disappearing from little places like that. Plus I've noticed when I scratch itches, I need to be more careful... my ankles aren't covered in fat anymore.