IIFYM Ratios

Just wondering how other people that follow IIFYM have decided on your macro breakdown. I'm doing 40P/30C/30F.

Replies

• Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    40 carb/30/30
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    I work in grams. I calculate total calories for whatever goal I have, then work out protein and fat grams.... Carbs are whatever is left.
  • kcn2bluesky
    kcn2bluesky Posts: 187 Member
    edited May 2017
    Hi there! I just switched to IIFYM yesterday and am set for 35P/35F/30C.

I've been in maintenance for ~1-1/2 years now after losing 25 pounds, but lately have been struggling to stay within my 5 pound range I established for myself. I'm 53, 5'9" and currently 149 pounds. I have 150 as the top of my maintenance range and 145 at the low end.

Yesterday, as my first day with the IIFYM macros, I had to literally stop eating dinner because I was so full! It's the first time in a very long time that I went to bed feeling completely satisfied and not wanting to eat more.

How long have you been doing IIFYM and how is it working for you?

Karen
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited May 2017
    I went with 1g protein per lb of lean mass; .35g fat per lb of IDEAL bodyweight; and the rest, naturally, would be carbs. I used the Scooby TDEE calculator to guestimate my TDEE and then cut 500 from that figure. Once I accrued enough data I used my observed TDEE.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    mine works out to about 50C/25P/25F - but its about 1.2g protein/lean muscle mass and then about .5g fat per weight with the rest being carbs
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I also work in grams so right now mine is just over 1g protein per lb, 0.7g fat per lb (this is higher than most but I like to keep my fats higher) and rest carbs
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,118 Member
    I have recently switched to 35C/35P/30F after tweaking them around for the last few months, I think this is what I am most comfortable with for satiety. However, we're all different and you will probably have to tweak a bit to find what works for you.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Increased my fats after this thread lol