Low Carb

Options
abs1970
abs1970 Posts: 235 Member
I'm curious to know how many grams is classed as 'low carb'. My goal is set at 173g as I'm trying to increase my intake, but I hardly ever eat that amount.

Replies

• jklepack
    jklepack Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    abs1970 wrote: »
    I'm curious to know how many grams is classed as 'low carb'. My goal is set at 173g as I'm trying to increase my intake, but I hardly ever eat that amount.

Depending on the type of diet I've heard anywhere from 50 to 150 grams depending on how many calories you are consuming. Everyone is going to have a different experience so you have to play with the numbers.
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    The atkins book says 20 or less. I did fantastic all week but had one slice of bread with my roast beef from Hardee's and it went out the door:-(
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    Now when I say the atkins book I'm referring to the introduction phase. Your carb intake and how you lose weight is based off of your genetics:-)
  • mohamedahmed07
    mohamedahmed07 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    abs1970 wrote: »

Low carb is anywhere between 60-150 is classified as low carb, don't confuse it with "Ketogenic" or most of "the atkins" diets, those require 0-50 carbs to get into the ketosis state which you start living fat instead of sugar
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Depends. 100 is low for me. I'm not trying to get all keto though.
  • daisyduke40
    daisyduke40 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I find if i eat carbs i bloated and the scale doesn't move
  • abs1970
    Options
    Thanks all for your advice. I'm trying to eat more carbs for a month or so, and can already see more muscle definition. I know that's water but it looks good! I've been low carb for over a year now so I'll see how it goes. If I feel fluffy, then carbs will definitely be off the menu again.
  • abs1970
    Options
    The atkins book says 20 or less. I did fantastic all week but had one slice of bread with my roast beef from Hardee's and it went out the door:-(

Jeez....... 20g!!! Even I couldn't sustain that