Deficit but gaining weight

Options
Hey guys! So I am loving MFP maintenance so far ! Basically I eat a little over maintenance over the weekend and at a defecit during the week and my weight always remains the same. However , for some reason this week I started with 50.2 KG and am gaining 0.2 KG everyday while eating at a deficit. So I am now 50.6 kg. Anyone has any idea why this is happening?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Is your period due? Ovulating? Eating saltier foods?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Water weight probably.

Weight fluctuates, you'll drive yourself crazy if you expect it to be exactly the same every day. That's why you should have a maintenance range not one set number. So 49 - 51.5kg might be a good range for you?
  • beanfacekilla
    beanfacekilla Posts: 69 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    First, don't track weight every day and freak out. Track it for 1-2 weeks, and look at the average. Even a month would be better. Just take weight same time of day, each day, type the number in like a brainless zombie. Don't think about the number. Just keep putting it in there, and use the data after you have a sufficient sample size.

Second, caloric intake/maintenance/deficit is something that may have to be tweaked because everyone is different. It's a balancing act. And to determine caloric needs, after a sample of like 2 weeks plus, average weight over that time. If weight goes up, you're eating too much, etc, etc.

So yeah give it time. Fine tune a diet to achieve goals, achieve said goals.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've steadily put on a kilo this week. Happens every month between ovulation and my period. It's annoying, but I've gotten used to it, and i know I'll be back down to normal before too long.

I'm hoping this is your problem, else I've just given you way too much and useless information :lol:
  • JustDoIt987
    JustDoIt987 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Is your period due? Ovulating? Eating saltier foods?

My period was supposed to be this week but I am on the pill so I dont get periods
  • JustDoIt987
    JustDoIt987 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Water weight probably.

Weight fluctuates, you'll drive yourself crazy if you expect it to be exactly the same every day. That's why you should have a maintenance range not one set number. So 49 - 51.5kg might be a good range for you?

Yes I agree! I do have a range, but kinda freaked out because its usually always steady and the same.