Replies

• Jadedinosaur
    Jadedinosaur Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Could you reword your question?
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    I do not profess to speak "brah," however, I may be able to translate this into standard American English.

What was the heaviest tire you have ever flipped?

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/tire-training-guide-13-exercises-and-one-killer-circuit-workout.html

Oh, by the way, the heaviest tire I have flipped was about 22 pounds when I had to change a flat tire on my Toyota Matrix.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Being that this is the Debate forum, are we debating what kind of tire is the best tire to flip, or whether tire flips are an effective form of exercise, or what? Just trying to frame the debate so there are effective parameters for contribution.
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Only thing tire flips are good for are injuries and bravado... they are one of if not most overrated and dumb exercises
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Being that this is the Debate forum, are we debating what kind of tire is the best tire to flip, or whether tire flips are an effective form of exercise, or what? Just trying to frame the debate so there are effective parameters for contribution.

Or can we debate the spelling of the word?

I spell it tYre, not tire.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I have never flipped a tire. Or a tyre. Does this mean I don't even lift?
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you but just cause it's hard doesn't mean it has good benefits
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I rolled a tyre once. Lol
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    800lbs or so. Honestly, the weight is only one factor. Tread type, width, height of the tire all matter.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    800lbs or so. Honestly, the weight is only one factor. Tread type, width, height of the tire all matter.

400lbs and all this is correct. Surface you're flipping it on also has an impact. It's a fun conditioning exercise. I have a 200lb and 400lb tire. I used to flip the 200lb one back and forth across my yard followed by sledge hammer swings onto the tire. Then I got a large dog and couldn't be certain I wouldn't be reaching into a pile of poo plus I got lazy.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I picked up a 200# tractor tire for free at Les Schwab that I flip 50ft (the length of my lawn) in my backyard 8-10 times when doing my crossfot routine. I also hit it w/a 10 or 12# sledge hammer for upper body work, ; usually 5x20 strikes, 50% left and 50% righy.
  • jan2701
    jan2701 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been flipping 65kg tyre and carrying it aroubd gym for short distances
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    I measure my tyres in grams ...

5969592421_f3c9a5a1fc_z.jpg

• ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I flipped the 1,000lb tire at an expo. Who knows if it was legit 1k. But they said they weighed it. And it was pretty grippy.
    Flipped a 600 for 10 reps.