Getting pregnant

Options
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here has tried to get pregnant while working out a lot and dieting? I am not sure if it effects fertility?

Thanks guys

Replies

• suzmedder
    suzmedder Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi There,
    I'm not sure, I think for the first few months of pregnancy your calorie intake should remain the same and obviously there are foods to avoid when pregnant and towards the end the calorie intake should increase. For trying to get pregnant, the healthier the better, though I've heard too much Vitamin C can be a bad thing when trying to get caught?!

As for the working out, I guess whilst you are trying it wouldn't matter, but if you think you are pregnant it should probably ease down a fair bit. I'm sure, if you googled it, there would be loads out there to give some advice!

I'll be in that boat next year, so anything you find feel free to pass on :)
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Working out lots and dieting shouldn't affect your ability to get pregnant, however, rapid weight loss can. Talk to your doctor about how much weight you should be aiming to lose a week. I got pregnant both times while training for marathons, and this latest time I had been losing a couple of pounds a week for about 6-7 weeks.