Replacement for carbs

Options
LauraInTheWater
LauraInTheWater Posts: 477 Member
edited May 2017 in Food and Nutrition
So I'm obsessed with carbs: especially sandwiches and wraps, because of their portability. Any replacement suggestions? I eat VERY healthy with this one exception, and I exercise. I think this might be causing my most recent plateau.

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    there is nothing inherently wrong with carbs - you are likely eating more than you are burning

are you weighing and logging everything? is your diary open?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    So I'm obsessed with carbs: especially sandwiches and wraps, because of their portability. Any replacement suggestions? I eat VERY healthy with this one exception, and I exercise. I think this might be causing my most recent plateau.

There is nothing inherently unhealthy in regards to carbs...they're just one of three macro-nutrients. Some of the healthiest populations in the world eat diets that are relatively high in carbohydrates.

If you want to replace carbs, you just don't eat carbs...you eat more fat and protein...double up on veg, etc
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Well, you could just use two halves of an iceberg lettuce head instead of bread. I made the mistake of ordering some creation from Red Robin that came out this way. "What the heck is this? Where the hell is the bun? Please bring it to me."

Carbs are not the debbil, unless you have a medical issue that makes them the debbil *for you*. That being said, I am currently maintaining at the middle of my healthy BMI range, but if I wanted to become shredded, sadly, more carbs would have to go. But for now I have just cut extraneous carbs while keeping the ones I really love and that fit into my calories for the day.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

Sandwiches and wraps are not the exception, they are healthy. What am I missing? Carbs are a marco just like fat and protein, they all serve a purpose.

• janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    And a plateau can be because you didn't readjust your caloric deficit after 10 + lbs of weight loss, or most commonly you are not weighing and measuring your food.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Are you low on protein or healthy fats? If so, cut the carbs and add more of those. If not, no reason to change.

That's about nutrition more than weight loss. Weight loss is about calories and stalls sometimes just happen also. How long has it been, and as others have asked, have you been adjusting calories with losses?