where does your body lose weight first

Options
So if you lose weight from not eating because of the flu or something, will that weight have been lost mainly from your stomach or other areas of your body like your butt.. because I've been having stomach problems and hate that im losing weight because of it.

Replies

• TeacupsAndDeadlifts
    TeacupsAndDeadlifts Posts: 7 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You lose weight wherever your body feels like it.

I mean, if you have the flu I'm going to guess stuff is coming out of either end so maybe your gut will temporarily slim down for the duration of it, but actual fat loss is just a crap shoot (ha ha).
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I usually lose from my upper body first - face, chest, stomach area. My thighs are the last place I notice any loss.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I depends on your individual body. I lose first in my face, then in my stomach/torso/upper body except arms, then my hips/thighs, then finally in my arms if I get thin enough.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    It's determined by genetics and is different from person to person.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Probably not the stomach as the stomach is typically primary fat stores for many people...
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    It's determined by genetics and is different from person to person.

^ Correct answer.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Personally - because I can only speak for myself - I first lost weight in my face and fingers. Super annoying lol.
  • maryiaco
    maryiaco Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is determined by genetics but also by the foods you eat. Refined carbs add cm to your midsection so when you eliminate them you should see cm go from that area.
    That said, I loose weight first on legs, thighs and hips... takes me longer to loose back fat :-(
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    maryiaco wrote: »
    It is determined by genetics but also by the foods you eat. Refined carbs add cm to your midsection so when you eliminate them you should see cm go from that area.
    That said, I loose weight first on legs, thighs and hips... takes me longer to loose back fat :-(
    No. Refined carbs do not add to your midsection. That's pure nutrition woo perpetuated by websites and magazine articles written by people who know nothing about basic physiology.
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    face and butt/thighs... ish. my mom always comments about my face when i'm making progress, but i always notice first that my pant legs feel a bit looser.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Waist, stomach, chest.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Boobs first, then face, then feet (who knew)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    For me, I lose weight from my stomach first (and yes, I eat carbs including refined). Losing from a flu or by deliberate dieting makes no difference where your body loses first, it's mostly genetic.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I would think everyone is different. I usually lose weight in the insignificant areas first of course lol - my face, then ankles, lower legs, breasts - then butt area or mid-section after those. My tummy does feel flatter each morning when I wake up when I stay at my calorie goal for a while and don't get off track but I don't lose in my stomach til much later on.
  • novio50
    novio50 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    my torso area 1st and last is the buttocks and back...I hate it! But it's life
  • DEBOO7
    DEBOO7 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    The body.... does it's own thing, you don't get to choose, lol. However my reality is that it always seems to go from my legs and bum. Sad now as I'm down to a 33.5" hip measurement and have legs like sticks even though I walk and swim heaps. That's just life! At least I still have a bust, lol.
  • Boland_D
    Boland_D Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I carry more weight in my stomach, to the point I think it's slightly disproportionate. So I gain more weight there. I'd hope I start losing it there, but it doesn't work like that.
    My face, arms, back, thighs, butt etc all shrink when I lose weight.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    maryiaco wrote: »

nope I eat refined carbs and I lost fat in my stomach area,all due to a deficit; I noticed when I lost that my face slimmed down first,then my arms as even while obese they were the smallest part of me,then backfat,and butt, hips and thighs are my worst area,I have saddlebags :( and I have just a little bit of a belly but nothing drastic.
  • avadahm
    avadahm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My upper body is first. Arms and chest. My legs will show tone next. Stomach last.

I'm on a gain now so it looks like I have no abs. Kills me!