Highly disappointed.. Feeling helpless!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    You have coffee with milk and sugar many times in your diary. Have you actually weighed out the sugar and measured the coffee every time? 50 calories for that would mean a very small amount of sugar and a small amount of milk. My guess is that your calorie count is off for those entries.

@jemhh yea i usually take coffee or tea twice with little sugar and a splash of milk.. and yes i do enter those and are counted.. :(

My point is that you record them for 50 calories every time. Have you actually weighed out the sugar and measured the milk? Do you do that every time?
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I see you are doing OMAD? The homemade entries in your diary puzzle me as well.

Food scale will be your best friend eating 1200 calories.

And what ever you do, make sure you net 1200 calories a day!

@RoxieDawn yea it is One Meal A Day diet... yes for food scale.. gonna buy it asap.. :)

If you can't stick with this one meal a day thing for the rest of your life ditch it straight away and learn more about nutrition and eating a balanced diet. The biggest reason for failure to maintain weight loss is that people go on restrictive diets while learning very little about adequate nutrition and resort to their old way of eating as soon as they reach their desired weight. They then gain all tbeir weight back and then some.
    Also aim to eat back half of your exercise calories. Eating too little can stuff up your metabolism and you really don't want that. In saying that I am very confident that you are eating more than 1200 a day anyway. If you weren't you would be losing weight.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Pleas ensure you're eating 1200 calories a day, net. You said above that you're normally eating less than that and you're also not eating your calories back. That runs the risk of doing serious damage to your health long term and that really isn't worth it. Summarising what everyone has said - get a food scale, weigh everything, log everything you eat/use rather than use generic listings, eat back 50-75% of your exercise calories and ensure that your net calories (see the Home page or use the app on your phone) is at least 1200.

I'm a bit shorter than you and weigh a little less than you but, with accurate logging, I've lost 7kg (which I think is about 15lbs) over 4 months. I use the app to ensure that my weekly average net calories is at or just above 1200.