Trying to get to a size 4

I'm 5'2 apple shaped and I'm trying to get to s size 4. Not sure of the weight. Does anyone know my weight goal to get to a size 4?

Replies

• cookiemonster_ashley
    cookiemonster_ashley Posts: 27 Member
    My friend and I are both 5'6 when I was 200lbs I wore a size 18

My friend is 200 now and can fit into a 14.
  • kcn2bluesky
    kcn2bluesky Posts: 187 Member
    edited May 2017
    I don't think anyone can give you a precise answer...my suggestion would be to aim for a reasonable goal weight, somewhere in the middle of your BMI range and then evaluate where you're at after that. For a point of reference, I'm 5'9", 145 pounds, and I wear a size 6 Tall. I don't know how much thinner I would need to be in order to fit a size 4. I'm extremely happy at my current weight and I love the way my clothes fit. Maybe you will feel the same way once you get close (or at) your goal weight?
  • klowieislyfe1
    klowieislyfe1 Posts: 46 Member
    I'm 5'8 and wore a size 4 when I was 130-135 but that weight would look different on someone 5'2.
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Well...I'm 5.2 and a half....I was a size 0-2 at 118lbs....I'm a size 6-8 dress at 134lbs....not sure if that helps you but somewhere in that range I'd guess would be your target. I am most definitely an Apple shape too :D
  • amoonm6r
    amoonm6r Posts: 4 Member
    in general, weight does not imply size.. however exercise and muscle/fat will determine how a size 4 would fit regardless of your weight. so im guessing around 110 lbs would be a good start??
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    I'm 5'6 and about 138 and wearing some size 4, some size 6. I seem to be both sizes depending on the brand.
  • NEMom80
    NEMom80 Posts: 48 Member
    I am 5' 8" and when I was down to 130-135 the smallest size I could wear was a size 9/10. It is crazy how body shapes/sizes can be so different.
    I'm 5'8 and wore a size 4 when I was 130-135 but that weight would look different on someone 5'2.

• kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    5' 4" here, at 132lbs I could wear a UK 10, no lower. Depends on how you carry weight (I have big thighs).
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Which countries size 4 are we talking about?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I'm 5'2 apple shaped and I'm trying to get to s size 4. Not sure of the weight. Does anyone know my weight goal to get to a size 4?

What is your current weight and size?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm 5ft 2 and a UK size 8-10 which is same as US 4 to 6 - I'm 128lbs. But I am an hour glass shape, always was even before I lost weight.
    But everyone has different builds/body types, I have friends who are the same size clothes as me/same height yet are only 110lbs. Different frames and muscle account for that.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    I don't think anyone can give you a precise answer...my suggestion would be to aim for a reasonable goal weight, somewhere in the middle of your BMI range and then evaluate where you're at after that. For a point of reference, I'm 5'9", 145 pounds, and I wear a size 6 Tall. I don't know how much thinner I would need to be in order to fit a size 4. I'm extremely happy at my current weight and I love the way my clothes fit. Maybe you will feel the same way once you get close (or at) your goal weight?

Perfect example. I am 5'9-5'10 and also
    wear a size 6 tall. But I weigh 15 lbs more than you.
  • crazyycatladyy1
    crazyycatladyy1 Posts: 156 Member
    edited May 2017
    It will vary between people. I wear a size 4 jeans/small top and I'm 5ft, 6in, current weight is around 126lbs, pear shaped.

Also you'll be a different clothing size depending on brands, which vary widely.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    I'm 5'3, 135lbs and usually wear a 4. I'm pretty muscular. Before I started lifting, I wore a 4 at 125lbs. Body composition can make at least a 10lb difference...on top of sizing between brands can make a difference. Realistically, you could be 120-140 and wear 4s.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    A healthy weight range for your height would be 101-137 lbs.
    I would aim for somewhere in that range.
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    A healthy weight range for your height would be 101-137 lbs.
    I would aim for somewhere in that range.

This is so crazy to me. I mean, I'm not disagreeing -- I know that is the range.

But, nearly 40 lbs?! For someone 5'2"?

I guess this makes the case about body composition, but I cannot imagine being deemed "healthy" at the high end of the range.

OP, I'm 5' and 112. (I think I have about 10 more to go.) Currently, I'm a 2 (US), but think I could do a 0 in some cases.
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    I will never see a size 4 ... not sure I want to though. I am 5'5" ... got down to 130 and size 8 once ... I looked like a bobble head on a stick and did not look healthy at all. Good luck though xx
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    I'm an apple shape and 5'5 I can get into a UK 8 (US4) trousers at 130 pounds but I've never got into a US 4 top as an adult. There are so many factors someone who works out and does strength training could get into smaller sizes than someone who doesn't who is 10 pounds lighter. it's impossible to answer unfortunately I can imagine the weight range is probably a good 25 pounds dependent on lean mass and weight distribution, it all depends on the individual.

If its a particular size you want though and you're aiming to lose inches I suggest adding some weight training instead of falling into the trap of focusing solely on the scale. Good luck.