Someone give me some tough love or maybe a smack upside the head

Options
I've been at this for a long time, lost 40 lbs with MFP (then regained it when I stopped tracking), been here for years so I KNOW the drill... give it time, measure anything that goes in your face, be meticulous blah blah blah. I'm normally one of the "give it time, you're doing great!" cheerleaders, but OMFG $%#&#^$!!!!! I've been weighing everything to the gram, working my butt off at the gym, quadruple checked my macros and been sticking to them and the #$(*&$ scale hasn't moved an ounce all week.
Someone please smack me. I know better. I know I need to just be patient, keep working, and the scale will move. I just can't shake this defeated feeling this morning. :s

Replies

• Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your WHOMP! <3
  • moonstroller
    moonstroller Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm giving you a fuzzy pawed head smack. You know what you're doing, and you know how your body works, so suck it up and keep moving. Think about how good you'll feel when you step on the scale and it's dropped a pound, or more.
  • FelinaDC
    FelinaDC Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Same I've been maintaining for a whole month despite eating right, working out, etc and then the last week and half whomp 3 lbs lost... don't despair just keep at it.
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I am having the same day! Faithfully within my calories, and I've lost half a friggin pound in the last 13 days. (And someone brought unusually beautiful donuts to work today!)
    But really, what are the options? We eat a bunch of donuts and go back to the way things were, or we stay the course, continue to lead a healthy lifestyle, and eventually the scale will have no choice but to catch up.
    Waiting for my WHOMP!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Ohwhynot wrote: »
    I've been at this for a long time, lost 40 lbs with MFP (then regained it when I stopped tracking), been here for years so I KNOW the drill... give it time, measure anything that goes in your face, be meticulous blah blah blah. I'm normally one of the "give it time, you're doing great!" cheerleaders, but OMFG $%#&#^$!!!!! I've been weighing everything to the gram, working my butt off at the gym, quadruple checked my macros and been sticking to them and the #$(*&$ scale hasn't moved an ounce all week.
    Someone please smack me. I know better. I know I need to just be patient, keep working, and the scale will move. I just can't shake this defeated feeling this morning. :s

a whole week?! :huh:

:laugh:
  • nikkipoooo
    nikkipoooo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Maybe your scale is broken. I mean, not changing by an ounce from day to day is pretty weird.
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options

LOL I know - that's why I'm angry with myself for being upset. But I'd have expected to drop like an oz or something.
  • seximama2017
    seximama2017 Posts: 54 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I really really do the program, and lose a few ounces in a week. Other times I blow 4 out of 7 days (and not even log 1 of them) gain 2 pounds, only to have it disappear in 4 days- water weight. In the big scheme of things those would still show a trend down in Happy Scales, once I pull my act together.

You're doing fine. You know that in a few days or weeks you'll be heading back down in weight. Be patient.
  • Leenizi129
    Leenizi129 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Ok, you woke up and your in an upright position so guess what you can do anything and it is yours for the taking.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

LOL I know - that's why I'm angry with myself for being upset. But I'd have expected to drop like an oz or something.

Your bathroom scales have that much power over you?
    It's just a measuring device.....
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Since you've been here for years, surely you know that weight fluctuates & weight loss is not linear. It sounds like you weigh once a week. So you could have been down 1-2 lbs for a few days and bounced back up today.
    Im in maintenance now, but when I was losing, I saw a drop only a few days each month, but overall I lost every month for 2.5 years.