Men Successfull Stories Plsss with Pictures

Options

Replies

• mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    49eadad8-6488-48aa-becf-c51bbcc5935b_zpsc698831d.jpg2faab895-db74-4810-811f-8eb88cd4e191_zps948c2e0b.jpg
    transformation160640x339600x318.jpg

I workout 4-6 hours per week. 15 mins of cardio for a warm up, 45-60 mins of weightlifting, 10 mins of mobility and stretching.

Follow flexible diet (IIFYM) for my food choices and try to consistently hit my calorie goals.

I lost 50 lbs in the first year (average of almost -1 pound per week). I have since went through a couple bulking and cutting cycles for the last year. I am guessing I have added about 5lbs of muscle in that time while staying relatively lean. (14-18%bf)
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Well done all of you guys,, keep up the good work,, maintain it or continue it ,,, tnx 4 d stories and info,, it makes me motivated and give me hope :)
  • JesseDP00
    JesseDP00 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I plan to get some pics uploaded tomorrow.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ctd51688
    ctd51688 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have lost a little more that 75 pounds in the last year and half. I plan to lose another 30. I started lifting weight 4 months ago and I have not seen the scale change any, but I can defiantly see my body transforming. I run a 5k 3-4 times a week for cardio and I lift weights 5 times a week. My diet pretty much consists of a lot of protein, fruits, veggies.

Starting weight 311 pounds and this morning I was 234. Still a work in progress, but hopefully this provides a little motivation.

627c0e2b-d5dd-45ec-95fa-20a8c56b1efd.jpg
  • ddzubow
    ddzubow Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've been at this since February, so just under 6 months. I began my journey by changing my diet and have stuck pretty closely to my calorie goals every day. I've lost about 40lbs at an average of about 1lb/wk for the first 3-4 months and then it slowed a bit. I've been at maintenance or close to it for the last month or so, but I'm still trying to drop the body fat.

My exercise routine has been a mix-mash of things while I've been finding what I enjoy. I began with pure cardio on an elliptical for a few months. This helped drop the pounds but didn't add any muscle (a big mistake in retrospect). I then added in body-weight strength exercises like push-ups and pull-ups, doing the 100 push-up/20 pull-up challenge.

Now, I'm doing the C25k program in addition to the Body Beast weight lifting program. I alternate cardio and strength training days for 6 days a week. My progress pictures are below, although the most current one is from last month. I've dropped about 5lbs since that picture. I'll be taking my 6 month progress next weekend so maybe I'll come back and update this post then.

Before: February 2013 @ 208lbs.
    2s0hhc7.jpg
    11kc9ww.jpg

Progress: June 2013 @ 177lbs
    23i8ade.jpg
    2u7oifl.jpg
  • Shipwrecker
    Shipwrecker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome - very inspiring stories. Good work! Keep it up!!

I am 34yo male and I started at my peak weight of 303 in early November, 2012. I lost nearly 50 lbs through controlled diet (1800-2200 cals), walking 30 minutes around downtown 2-3 days a week after lunch, and occasional 1-2 hour brisk hikes through rough terrain on weekends which I love.

Recently lost a little ground on my progress as summer brings along more beer, bbq's, floating the river, trips to the coast, etc, and frankly I prefer to enjoy these things with friends in moderation than to abstain. It is also so hot in south Texas right now that walks are not realistic after lunch wearing wool dress slacks and button up shirts and hikes are suicide unless you start at the break of dawn, so I started going back to golds gym after work.

Anyhow, thanks for posting your stories - gave me some needed encouragement.
  • DavidHusky
    DavidHusky Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Need to get better photos, but here is one from about about 6 months before I started losing (~270 LB):

before.jpg

and here is one from about a month ago - about 8 months (~195 LB):
    after.jpg
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I dont have the pics to post at work, but my story with a before/after picture can be found at www.runyourbody.com
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    MORE! MORE!
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    49eadad8-6488-48aa-becf-c51bbcc5935b_zpsc698831d.jpg2faab895-db74-4810-811f-8eb88cd4e191_zps948c2e0b.jpg
    transformation160640x339600x318.jpg

Awesome, consistent results!
  • choijanro
    Options
    good job all of you guys,, keep up the good work,,

your stories and pictures make me motivate :smile:
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm so totally impressed with my husbands progress so I will share his progress photos with you.

He's lost about 120lbs in total. Mostly through just diet and walking and swimming. He's joined up at the gym with me so is just starting to get in to weights, I can't wait to see what weight lifting does for him!! :love:

He's done it slow and steady. The full journey has taken him around 4 years I think. I think he has done amazing :blushing:

Dave.jpg
  • mayerrocks
    mayerrocks Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    bump
  • choijanro
    Options
    I'm so totally impressed with my husbands progress so I will share his progress photos with you.

He's lost about 120lbs in total. Mostly through just diet and walking and swimming. He's joined up at the gym with me so is just starting to get in to weights, I can't wait to see what weight lifting does for him!! :love:

He's done it slow and steady. The full journey has taken him around 4 years I think. I think he has done amazing :blushing:

Dave.jpg

congrats 2 ur husband and both of you are happy and proud :) keep up the good work,,
  • sundayprogress
    Options
    Hey guys,

Here is a few of me. Lost it through 2-3 days a week of cardio / weights and clean eating 90% of the time. Whilst clean eating I made sure I ate around 40% of my calories from protein.

cb661ae2f13711e2949722000a1f90e1_7.jpg

4d5807aef13811e2b67922000aaa047d_7.jpg

d4af8f10f13811e29d7a22000a1f9d9b_7.jpg

I'm down to 239 lbs now, next goal is to get under 17 stone.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Why would a man want to weigh 110 pounds?
  • sundayprogress
    Options
    Topsking - Not sure if you're referring to me but 110 lbs is only 7 stone 12 lbs, that's dangerously underweight for a lot of people. My goal is to be 237 lbs and under, go from there.
  • choijanro
    Options
    Why would a man want to weigh 110 pounds?

@topskiing

because im short,, i'm only 5'4 or 5'3 :ohwell: :sad: :yawn:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!