Fitbit Blaze? Or Attractive Smart Watch?

Options
MonkeyMel21
MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
I'm looking for a more attractive smart watch. I have a garmin vivosmart hr that I got mainly because it's water proof (because I swim laps sometimes instead of running), but it is just not attractive, lol. I've come to the realization that it is not changing anything about my work outs. I would work out just the same with out it. What I really like is getting phone notifications and telling the time. I'm looking at the reviews for the fitbit blaze and they're mostly good but a lot of the negative ones talk about the screen freezing. I want something that is going to last for a long time and I know fitbit brands don't have the greatest reputation for lasting long. Anyone have the fitbit blaze for an extended period of time and it has worked well? Any other recommendations (preferably $250 or under) that with work with IOS and Android and look nice on a ladies wrist?

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    Options
    Anyone have the Samsung Gear S2?! I really, really like the look of it, but it's more expensive so I would expect it to last a few years....Does it pair well with IOS?
  • Scotty2HotPie
    Scotty2HotPie Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    FYI - Target has the Apple Series 1 Watches on sale for $200 right now. Just bought one for my wife for Mother's day.

I got mine for Christmas... and I love it. A lot more than I thought I would.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Waterproof, has (offline) maps if desired, unrivaled fitness features, and it'll show you your texts while you're in the shower. Also, the battery can go for weeks.

maxresdefault.jpg
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    @NorthCascades , what is that one called?
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    FYI - Target has the Apple Series 1 Watches on sale for $200 right now. Just bought one for my wife for Mother's day.

I got mine for Christmas... and I love it. A lot more than I thought I would.

I don't think I'm going to go with an apple watch simply because I'm not going to have an iphone after this phone. But thank you for your reply!!!
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AJC66CO/ref=twister_B0163JVYEW?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

91OF1Ev45DL._SL1500_.jpg

I love the look of this but some reviews say the bezel stops working after a while and that's how it functions.
  • NorthCascades
    Options
    @NorthCascades , what is that one called?

Fenix 5X.

Here's another picture from the other day.

33723137373_3ef1eb3afc_o_d.jpg

When I'm not doing "exercise features" stuff it looks like an older watch:

010-01733-04.jpg
  • NorthCascades
    Options

91OF1Ev45DL._SL1500_.jpg

I love the look of this but some reviews say the bezel stops working after a while and that's how it functions.

I love that mechanical look. Not a fan of the rose gold, but it's very classy. I used to wear mechanical watches like that.
  • jayned9
    jayned9 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a blaze but don't think it looks great. I also hate that you can't see the screen in the sun. Off to research the one shown here!
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I have a blaze. I didn't go with the surge because I didn't need the gps. I purchased several bands to change out when I wanted to change the color. They make sports bands that I really like. I will suggest to purchase a screen protector. Very inexpensive and worth it.

I like the step reminder. Reminds me 10 minutes before the hour is up to get in 250 steps for the hour. I have mine set for 14 hours. Hey that 3500 steps that take minimum effort. Reminder to move some. Go to restroom, water and back to work.

I like the text & call notifications and to be able to control my music when I'm walking.

I personally love mine!
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options

91OF1Ev45DL._SL1500_.jpg

I love that mechanical look. Not a fan of the rose gold, but it's very classy. I used to wear mechanical watches like that.

They have a black and a platinum face too but I'm partial to rose gold, lol. I think this is the one I've decided on! Now I just need to persuade DH in to not minding me spending all that money, ha ha ha :#
  • NorthCascades
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @MonkeyMel21

Make sure it does what you want with regard to heart rate monitoring. I got my girlfriend an Android smart watch for her birthday, it has a wrist-based HRM built into it, but because of software limitations (and maybe battery power) it can't use its HRM to monitor your heart rate while you exercise. It's just for spot checking.

EDIT to add: Hers is a different watch and she's had it a couple years. I'm not telling you this will be a problem, I'm just suggesting that you look into it before you hand over the money if it's important to you.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    @MonkeyMel21

Make sure it does what you want with regard to heart rate monitoring. I got my girlfriend an Android smart watch for her birthday, it has a wrist-based HRM built into it, but because of software limitations (and maybe battery power) it can't use its HRM to monitor your heart rate while you exercise. It's just for spot checking.

EDIT to add: Hers is a different watch and she's had it a couple years. I'm not telling you this will be a problem, I'm just suggesting that you look into it before you hand over the money if it's important to you.

Thanks! Yeah, I don't need a hr monitor. I keep mine turned off on my garmin because it extends the battery by more than double! But I am concerned about finding one that works on iOS and android because I have an iphone now but will be getting an android in the next year or two!
  • curborough
    curborough Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have the blaze and love it. I've had it for more than a year and the screens been fine. There's always new features for it and I like it's look too. You can't go wrong with the blaze
  • belinda_73
    belinda_73 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i've had several fitbits and if they die, i just email them and they send me another one. you have to show proof of purchase and i've had 2 mess up before the year is over. the new ones they sent me always last longer. i bought a blaze last week. i really like the sleep feature, step reminder. more accurate HR. It lays flatter than the charge so i sleep better with it. i just ordered a couple of bands for it, not crazy about this band. i rock climb and dirt bike so i may have to be more careful with it. seems more fragile than the Charge.
  • KirbySmith46
    KirbySmith46 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have the blaze and love it. I've had it for more than a year and the screens been fine. There's always new features for it and I like it's look too. You can't go wrong with the blaze

My blaze hrm is very inaccurate. I'm looking for something else now.
  • Annac863
    Annac863 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have had the Blaze since it first came out and haven't had any problems. I use the music control when running/exercising. The workout feature is simple I find my workout hit play and it track it. When running it track very well telling me my distance and how long it takes for each mile. Downside is that it doesn't have GPS on it. I have over 20 different bands and metal plates so I can switch them out to fit my mood. You can get bands and plates off EBay for less then $3 a band.