And this would be why I am not allowed to cook....

Options
elphie754
elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
4noztpid03dj.jpg

58qrsxppdoit.jpg

Yeah..... I put it in the microwave for 13 minutes instead of 1 minute 30 seconds. Sitting on the couch and saw smoke bellowing into the living room. Needless to say, I am forbidden from using the microwave from now on.

Replies

• c_ward1983
    c_ward1983 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What was it suppose to be?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    What was it?
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    It's OK you just had a baby, you have an excuse.
  • elphie754
    Options
    It was supposed to be a breakfast sandwich lol.
  • elphie754
    Options
    Microwaving is not cooking! :)

Ive already been banned from the oven after self cleaning a kitchen dish. The stove? Yeah just don't ask lol.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    if it makes you feel better, my roommate in college tried to burn down our dorm room making microwave popcorn... :)
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I once set toaster oven on fire trying to crisp up potato chips. Lol. I'm a pretty good cook though. Don't give up, unless you're purposefully trying to get out of kitchen duties
  • elphie754
    Options
    if it makes you feel better, my roommate in college tried to burn down our dorm room making microwave popcorn... :)

Haha a little better lol.
    icemom011 wrote: »
    I once set toaster oven on fire trying to crisp up potato chips. Lol. I'm a pretty good cook though. Don't give up, unless you're purposefully trying to get out of kitchen duties

Nope. Just one mishap away from a full blown house fire. I was told I can't even use an easy bake oven lol.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Oh dear. My son did that to our microwave with a bowl of (dry) malt o meal. Of course he was 3 at that time :lol: Don't sweat it! Sleep deprived mommy moments happen to the best of us.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    My friend forgot about eggs she was hard boiling on the stove until they burned and started smoking. Her house smelled awful for months!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

I had a roommate start making ramen when they got home from the bar one night. Fill the pot with water-check, turn on burner-check, put noodles in pot-check, pass out on the couch-check.

I woke up around 6:30 or so to black smoke from the melted noodles filling the apartment. Pretty safe to say that pot was no Bueno after that.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    My friend forgot about eggs she was hard boiling on the stove until they burned and started smoking. Her house smelled awful for months!

In my experience, they start exploding at some point, so you end up with egg popcorn ceiling above your stove ( didn't have microwave oven over it to catch that s#it), hehe. I was 8 or so, cartoons or movies on tv , eggs on the stove. .. bad combo
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Oh my god. I hope neither SO was home to witness this.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

I'm sorry. I really shouldn't laugh, but this is just too funny.

At least you didn't cause an entire dorm to be evacuated at 3am because that "snack" you were making set off the fire alarm. :tongue:
  • RoteBook
    RoteBook Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll be the one to say it. "am not allowed," "am forbidden," "been banned," "I was told I can't even use an easy bake oven." I hope you're joking, but seeing similar language 4 times in just one thread is more than a little concerning.
  • elphie754
    edited May 2017
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Oh my god. I hope neither SO was home to witness this.

Both were home lol, just not near the kitchen.
    I lit my shirt on fire while making grilled cheese a few months ago. I was actually so depressed because I loved that shirt.

How?
    RoteBook wrote: »
    Ok, I'll be the one to say it. "am not allowed," "am forbidden," "been banned," "I was told I can't even use an easy bake oven." I hope you're joking, but seeing similar language 4 times in just one thread is more than a little concerning.

Not really kidding. Obviously you don't know me. How is that concerning?
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    lol! and i thought i was bad. @JerSchmare I'm not this bad! :lol:
  • elphie754
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    I lit my shirt on fire while making grilled cheese a few months ago. I was actually so depressed because I loved that shirt.

How?

Okay, wow, you're in luck because I wanted to take a break from doing my actual work so I drew my stove in Paint for you.

lgjax6d9ruma.jpg

Basically, I had burner A on to maximum because I was boiling soup and I had burner B on medium because I was making grilled cheese. I decided, because I am oh so smart, that instead of taking one step to the left from where I was along the counter and then putting the cheese onto the bread in the frying pan, that noooooo, it would be easier if I just leaned over burner A to put the cheese onto the bread on burner B.

My shirt was loose fitting so it moved away from my body and voila.

Sweater was on fire.

I shouldn't laugh, but I couldn't help but giggle, because I likely would have done the same thing.