Samsung Gear Fit2

Options
I got a free Gear Fit 2 when I upgraded my phone earlier this year. I started wearing it again about 2 weeks ago and am actually using it more than just to count steps this time.

For those of you who have one, how accurate do you find the calorie counters? I am looking at the daily burn and the exercise burn. Does this thing "get to know you" the longer you wear it and become more reliable? Does it use a combination of your stats and heart rate to calculate your daily burn in calories or is it like other calculator that give you a generic calorie burn number based on your stats alone?

I am curious because what MFP says I should be eating per day and what my Fit2 says I burn per day, leaves me about 700+ calorie deficient per day. I am losing weight, and not at an extraordinary pace, and I am not hungry or having other symptoms of malnutrition. I guess I am just curious and would like to know so I can be more aware of adjustments I can/should make as I go.

Replies

• jjalbertt
    jjalbertt Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I don't use my gear fit to track daily burn. Just steps and exercise burn. My steps are roughly 6000-8000 everyday which puts me in the lightly active category...if I do anything less then I just reduce my cals to sedetary. I find it's accurate to exercise because it has the heart rate monitor. When I take classes at the gym they say a person burns roughly 600 cals from the class and my gear typically says 500. Won't be as accurate as a chest strap but close enough.
    It's does get to know you after a while and tracks trends so there's that.