pregnancy and exercise?

Options
Hiya just wanted to know any exercises I can do at the gym while pregnant? There's no swimming near me and I was getting active before and have lose 17lbs and just been maintaining for the past 7 weeks since I found out! Starting to make my home made food again as I'm not sick anymore but want to be active!

I appreciate any help

Replies

• lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that if you are having a normal pregnancy (i.e. no complications), you can continue any activity you were doing before you got pregnant, with a few exceptions for risky and contact sports. Here is a link to the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology FAQs on exercise
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    lulukittie wrote: »
    My understanding is that if you are having a normal pregnancy (i.e. no complications), you can continue any activity you were doing before you got pregnant, with a few exceptions for risky and contact sports. Here is a link to the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology FAQs on exercise
    Every word of this! I also found the website Girls Gone Strong super helpful.
    https://www.girlsgonestrong.com/blog/category/pregnancy/
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I did what I had been doing - mostly weight lifting and walking. Don't take up weight lifting if you haven't been, but I'd say adding bodyweight exercise would be good prep for your impending largeness. Prenatal yoga is delightful. Walking is always a good idea (stay hydrated, listen to your body).
  • Sara2184
    Sara2184 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Stay active as much as you can. Between sicknesses and exhaustion, I spent my free time in bed and I learned how bad that was the hard way
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Don't start anything new while pregnant.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Unless your doctor advises you otherwise, whatever you were doing before you got pregnant with appropriate modifications as needed - lifting, running, walking, yoga, pilates, barre, spinning, etc.