i am so scared :(

Options
2»

Replies

• syousaf571
    syousaf571 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I lost my period when I was consuming 1300, was in a healthy weight range, and was not eating enough FAT. What is your fat intake? Once I went back to maintenance it came back.

I did lose mine this year as well though, but I've been maintaining. Doc says I'm fine, but definitely worth going. I'm going to have hormone levels checked. Make sure you do that and get an ultrasound.

will do thnx for the feedback!
  • syousaf571
    syousaf571 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    thanks all!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    OP open your diary? I want to see your fats
  • thingofstuff
    thingofstuff Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Don't stress too hard and certainly see your doctor asap. If you are feeling good, still have energy, and are not passing out you are probably not in mortal danger, but should make sure something isn't amiss with a professional. If you aren't being extreme in your exercise and calorie deficit, you have nothing to be ashamed of. And if you are miscalculating and under-eating, this is a good chance to give yourself more wiggle room and you have nothing to be ashamed of anyway.

Amenorrhea was one of the signs that I was mistreating my body through overexercising and under-eating. It was a much needed warning before my ED got out of control (I was in high school, so I was afraid to tell my mum, but it was the support I needed to begin a very long journey of a better relationship with my body). Everyone is different, ESPECIALLY where hormones are concerned, but no matter what, your body is telling you something.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    If it was me....I would back off of the exercise for a few weeks, especially if it's strenuous cardio. And, like others have mentioned, make sure you're eating enough fat.

You should be netting 1200 calories, so if you've been exercising hard and not eating back calories, that could be contributing.

Get in to see your doctor and be HONEST about everything - they'll help get you fixed up.

Get that appointment scheduled and then go do some yoga - relaxing is good for you...and might make your period show up :)

~Lyssa
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,704 Member
    Options
    Is there any possibility that you're severely restricting fat? You should be eating about .35-.45g per pound of healthy goal weight, IMO. I ask because there's some potential for that to affect nutrient absorption, hormone balance, etc.

But +1 to "see a doctor"!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It happened to me when I got close to my goal weight and my doctors (GP and GYN) both said that it can happen if you lose too much weight, exercise a lot, and that '10 periods a year for a woman is totally normal' (which was totally new to me, frankly).

When I started towards maintenance and increased my calories, it came back (I also stopped losing weight because it came back with nasty PMS. Sigh).
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    Get yourself to the doctor, we can speculate all we want, but only speaking to a doctor will tell you the actual reason.

Googling symptoms is a terrible idea - you can go from having a headache to thinking you have a tumour in just 2 clicks.