how much does breast size affect body fat %?

Options
trudijoy
trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
just wondering, really....

Replies

• battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    sensible male perspective.

the reason that bodyfat is higher on a woman than a man is that fat stores in different areas.

mens fat stores mainly in the abdomen whereas womens is the breasts and buttocks.

therefore simple maths would say that the bigger the breasts the higher the bodyfat% but you can do chest exercises to help this a a little
  • trudijoy
    Options
    lol well i'm a DD/E so I'm assuming that I'm not gonna get under a certain amount....
  • battyg13
    Options
    firstly wow.

secondly depends on what the target is for you.

it may be possible but losing bodyfat means there is a possibility your breasts will shrink.
  • trudijoy
    Options
    firstly wow.

secondly depends on what the target is for you.

it may be possible but losing bodyfat means there is a possibility your breasts will shrink.

I don't really care about bf% it was just an idle query... they've already shrunk from an F, and I'm good with shrinking more to a D or so lol
  • Singelli
    Singelli Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm the exact same size, trudijoy. I can say for sure that they do shrink if you lose enough body fat. I don't know how much they contribute though. I'd love to see mine shrink to a D, but I can't remember a time when they were ever that small. LOL
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    If you went from A to AA you'd feel slightly differently! The only plus I can see is that I can go out jogging in any old bra!
  • battyg13
    Options
    well i have given some insight to your idle query :-)

but long story short is that in correlation it does affect it :-)
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I just had this flash of trying to get the girls on a body mass scale all by themselves.

image-59.jpg~original

On another topic, I wonder how much fat is in my head....?
  • trudijoy
    Options
    I just had this flash of trying to get the girls on a body mass scale all by themselves.

i'd love to know what my boobs weigh lol, then I could subtract it from my weigh ins :P
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options

i'd love to know what my boobs weigh lol, then I could subtract it from my weigh ins :P

Haha, I was thinking the same thing yesterday! ^

I'm currently a D cup, desperate to get back to a B cup. I really REALLY dislike big boobs.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I've wondered this before too in regards to my own "size". Might need a helper to hold them while check our scales :laugh:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I'd say you gotta find out how much of your breasts are breast tissue vs. fat.
  • _Moose51_
    _Moose51_ Posts: 86
    Options
    I've wondered this before too in regards to my own "size". Might need a helper to hold them while check our scales :laugh:

Happy to help!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Every woman is different in how much actual fat is in their breasts and how much is other breast tissue. So there is no one answer. Some women lose weight and body fat and their breasts also get much smaller as the fat diminishes. Some women have more tissue in their makeup and that doesn't shrink like the fat does.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I think they are a major contribution to BF! At my largest (189lbs) I was a 38GG (i am only 5'1", so i was very top heavy). I am now at 132 lbs and just got 'the girls' measured again, i am now a 30E. Throughout my weightloss, the size has fluctuated, gone from GG down to D now back up to E. I have been getting measured monthly and it has cost me a fortune in new bras!!

ETA: Bra sizes are UK sizes
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Every woman is different in how much actual fat is in their breasts and how much is other breast tissue. So there is no one answer. Some women lose weight and body fat and their breasts also get much smaller as the fat diminishes. Some women have more tissue in their makeup and that doesn't shrink like the fat does.

^^^ This.^^^ I've lost now over 50 pounds and haven't shrunk a single cup size. I've lost inches around the band (from a 44 to a 38) but still an H cup. I have been told at past well-woman appointments that I have "dense and plentiful" breast tissue so my guess is that the only way I'll end up with smaller breasts is with a surgeon's help.
  • swedishwillow
    swedishwillow Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    at my heighest 215lbs (at 5'1) I was a 44DDD
    at my lowest 160lbs I was a 38DD
    now Im somewhere probably closer to a 40DD (I gained back 13lbs)

my goal is to be a 36DD again that's what I was 24 and I had a 29 inch waist and 132lbs, but I am quite a few years older now so I don't expect that I'll ever get back there but one can always hope & train likea beast to get to that point again

ONWARD
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Phrick I'm with you - I had lost 54 lbs last year (gained a bit back with some health issues but on my way again). I went from a 44DDD to a 36G which is where I'm still at. Even when I weighed 104, I was still a 36DD. It's different for everybody.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    in...for the boobies...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Haha, I was thinking the same thing yesterday! ^

I'm currently a D cup, desperate to get back to a B cup. I really REALLY dislike big boobs.

this line of thought should be banned from MFP and forums everywhere....