Any nurses out there??

Options
hinicetomeetyou
hinicetomeetyou Posts: 20 Member
Hi.
I'm thinking of going back to school to pursue nursing. This would require at least a year of prerequisites then transfer into a Master's program at the university I'd obtained my B.A. feom nearly ten years ago.

I'm excited and scared... should I do this?!
The idea of it makes me happy, but I'm nearly 33 and worried I won't follow through.

Any personal experiences?

Replies

• crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I started my nursing undergraduate degree at 26. I'm 35 now. No regrets
  • hinicetomeetyou
    Options
    Thank you @lizery :blush:
  • JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you're going for a masters? I have an associates but I've been a nurse a long time (12 years). A bachelors would suffice unless your preferred field requires a masters. It's less schooling. I love my job (ICU nurse) and there are so many different things you can do with a nursing degree. I've been a manager, a corrections nurse, drug trials in a doctors office, home health psych nurse and am transferring to the ER soon. Good luck!
  • thielke2015
    thielke2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    are you in the u.k.?
    if so you can do a return to practice course.
    a degree would be sufficient
  • hinicetomeetyou
    Options
    I could try for an associates degree or a second bachelors degree. These are options also, but for the money and in terms of location, masters degree sounded great. The school is close and the cost is about the same as some vocational schools.
  • hinicetomeetyou
    Options
    Oh also, I live in California.
    And I already have a bachelors degree in English.
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    I've been a nurse for 26 years and love it - so many different things you can do (I've done ER, family medicine, corrections, and now school) . A bachelors degree would give you a lot of options, although if you have that option of a non-license to MSN program, good for you - I hadn't heard of that before.
    Good luck to you!
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Don't let people talk you out of doing the MSN. It is a lot of work, but you'll be glad you did it. I just finished mine up early last year and I'm so glad I decided to do it.