Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

1200 calories

Oompa_Loompa
Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
Weight 125
Height 5'

Mfp set me up with the 1200 calorie goal. Does anyone else feel like that is not enough and then end up stressing over it all day because they don't want to see the red numbers?

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    If you eat back your exercise calories, or at least some of them, you get more calories for the day. I'm set to 1200, but I work out pretty much every day and earn anywhere from 200 to 600+ back for that. So I usually end up eating 1400-1500 calories a day. It's not too bad to get that in, although if I don't work out, I find 1200 is a bit hard to stay under.
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Up your calories to 1300 or even 1400, maybe the lack of stress and extra few calories will jump start your loss again.
  • aubuysgirl
    aubuysgirl Posts: 23
    I usually try to get some excercise in every day and thatway i havea few extra calories to play with if needed.
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    What is your weight loss goal per week? You are already in the healthy range so try shooting for half a pound a week. That should up your calories.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    No - I am at 1220 (without exercise). I don't see that as a problem. There are many (MANY) meals that come in well under 300 to 400 calories that fit into my goals, and are very filling.

For me personally (not saying you must/should do this): I have no grains, no potatoes, no corn. I have other foods that I look to to make my numbers and you can too.

If you go over a little once in a while by less than 300 calories I would not freak out, but you should find that you can do 1200 calories quite easily.

More personally - I have seen your "I'm a bad girl" posts where you have sabotaged yourself many times, this would not be good for you, and should give you concerns if that is why you are seeing red all the time. Not judging, just saying... :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    At your weight, if you bike for an hour, it'd be around 340 calories burned. So you could have 1540 calories on that day. Or bike longer for more. Or whatever exercise you wanted.

I went hiking recently. Over 5 hours of serious hiking, and burned 3,900 additional calories! I decided not to eat all that extra cals, even though I could. I ate about 1,000 of them.
  • ican♥and♥iwill
    ican♥and♥iwill Posts: 176 Member
    Mine is set up for 1200 as well. If I wanted to stay under, I could, but it's a struggle. I use to NOT eat my exercise calories, but I realized my body responds much better when I do, and I don't feel like I'm starving.

I think you could also reset your goals, maybe instead of having it set up to lose 2 lbs a week, change it to 1... a slower weight loss, yes. But more calories and less stress over the red numbers.

Also, choose better foods! 100 calories worth of chips will not fill you the same way 100 calories worth of veggies will!
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    You're hungry because you do not have healthy food choices. A bagel for bfst every morning is not healthy and will leave you hungry. How about eggs or egg beaters with a piece of cheese on a ww english muffin. That's only 180 calories and you can be full. I would seriously look at the foods you are eating! I do 1200 calories and I am full - you should look at food as what can I eat that will give me a lot of food, best nutrition value and lower caloric intake.