This time its gone for good!

Options
I can't be the only one going through the cycle of losing weight just to putting it on and lose it again. The cycle drives me mad - onl trouble is you dont realise its happened until your trying to squeeze into clothes that were huge on you only a few weeks back or suddenly your shopping and the comfortable size 12 doesnt go up past the claves let alone the thighs.

So here I am again. This time its for real - i am no longer going to go to slimming groups or communities. I am a huge advocate for them and if it works for you then I commend you. For me the weekly weigh in's and community is fantastic and I loved it only problem is I don't want to go to those meetings my entire life and as soon as I think 'i've got this' and stop going - the weight piles on.

So I am 7 weeks into this new 'lifestyle' - feeling pretty good. Had a wobble for the past 2 weeks which prompted me to read a lot of your threads about the mysteries and woes of weight loss and subsequently kept me on track. So I thought I would write about my experience so far.

I have been given the automatic 1200 calorie goal - most days I stick to it I tend to consume anywhere between 1000-1200 and not feel hungry. Other days I treat myself, OK I admit my partner and I do have a meal out once a week (I am only admitting this as I don't know if you can see my diary haha). But sometimes you need to go to an all you can eat buffet right!?

So almost 7 weeks in my partner (who doesn't really watch what he eats but does go to the gym) has lost 2.5 stone. Brilliant - me who watches everything - drinks more water than a fish and goes to the gym 5 times a week have only lost a total of 19lb so far (weigh in 7 is tomorrow - hoping to hit that 21lb mark but not holding my breath). Can be a bit disheartening working so hard and not having such good results. So thank you to all of you posting these crazy motivation stories and your troubles because it really put into perspective these were MY 19lb to lose and I'm bloody proud (only another 30 or so to go but yeah!). Plus I'm feeling so much fitter and stronger from going to the gym and met some lovely people there

So there is no real point to this although I would appreciate recommendations on nice breakfast meals - ideally quick and easy for work do let me know!

Replies

• OnthatStuff
    OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the success so far, @abigailLouise94. Reading about the successes of others always inspires me. Thanks for kicking butt and thanks for sharing.

Option 1: I feel that you can never go wrong with oatmeal. "Quick" oats are a godsend when I need to be on my way, but need to eat. It cooks in about 45-60 seconds in the microwave or can be mixed in a bowl w/ boiling water. Also, since it serves as a great base, each topping added has the potential of creating some different and delicious flavor combinations! I have eaten oats multiple times in a day on several occasions and have been amazed at how different taste can be from bowl to bowl. I tend to stick with raisins/cinnamon/ginger/nutmeg; or strawberries and/or bananas; or peaches; or walnuts/sugar, or just sugar. Some days, I get adventurous and add egg whites to up the protein. But, whichever way you dress it up/down is up to you. A guy I work with occasionally adds a couple of Oreo cookies and skips the sugar.

Option 2: Humble pie :smile: It's low in calories and will always set you straight. I am served a slice of it every morning when I consider how each new day is a blessing/gift and an opportunity to be "awesomer" :smiley: than failed at being the day before.

Keep trekking, ma'am!