3 year old Birthday Party Ideas

Options
My baby girl turns 3 in a few weeks and I am having an in between meal time party, so only appetizers, snacks, drinks, etc. I need ideas for yummy finger foods (easy to make) that are both summery and possibly pretty to display.

I am already planning on doing fruit kabobs on skewers (yes I will cut the points off for the kids) and I'm displaying the kabobs in half of a watermelon...so pretty and fun

I am also making deviled eggs and I have a cute display for them...

What things would you recommend? Oh and this doesn't have to be "figure friendly" but if so then YAY!!

Think of what kids would love to see on the table to eat... maybe I can do rice crispy squares and poke some party favors on top or something...

Replies

• kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Instead of rice crispy squares use a cookie cutter and make cool shapes. You can also add food coloring to the marshmallows and make pretty colors.
  • redbedhead
    redbedhead Posts: 53
    Options
    Pigs in a Blanket --Hot dogs cooked inside cresent rolls. you could also use vienna sausages if you wanted them to be smaller.

Pinwheels-- take a tortilla, spread with cream cheese, add deli meat , roll up and slice.

Crescent Fruit Treats--receipe at http://www.pillsbury.com/Recipes/ShowRecipe.aspx?rid=18687

Little Apricot Appetizer Tarts--receipe at http://www.pillsbury.com/Recipes/ShowRecipe.aspx?rid=44926 (these are so easy and so yummy, you can use any flavor of jam you want and you can leave out the cheese if you want)
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Finger sandwiches are always a good idea. Me and my daughter (who will be 3 in a few months) both love pineapple and creamcheese sandwiches on wheat. I use cookie cutters to cut them into fun shapes that kids will enjoy.

Use canned crushed pineapple and creamcheese. Blend together in a mixers to make it fluffy, smooth and spreadable.

Also you can get the pretzel rods and dip one end in chocolate and then dip them in sprinkles. Kids love these and my daughter calls them her magic wand :)
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    You could make "dirt pies" Well have the kids do it anyway. Chocolate pudding and let them smash oreos and put them in there and add gummy worms. My son loves this! It is his big reward sometimes. lol. Also kids love Jello do the Jello Jigglers or even make that jello fluff stuff. You could use pink and orange just really bright colors too. My friend used blue for her daughters party and put baby rubber duckies in it so it looked like they were swimming in a pond. lol.
  • hadababyitsagirl
    Options
    Angie, so cute the magic wands...oh and I'm also a big cookie cutter sandwich mom!! I have some tiny cutters, stars, hearts, etc...my daughter loves her PB&J stars and turkey and cheese hearts!! They are little tiny sandwich pieces..she thinks its so fun!

These are great ideas y'all..keep em coming!
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Make sure to spray your cookie cutter with non-stick spray for the rice crisp treat.