What does a day of eating look like for you?

Options
AshFace22
AshFace22 Posts: 25 Member
Out of general curiosity, what does y'alls caloric intake for the day look like? Do ya feel guilty for making room for a certain guilty food? Also, I sort of need some ideas on what I can maybe make for my meals. Running kinda low on ideas.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, 400 or so mostly protein. Lunch 400 or so mostly protein. Dinner 500 or so mostly protein. I have a small 300 calorie 50% fat meal reserved for post-exercise, which is usually in the evening after dinner.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    AshFace22 wrote: »
    Out of general curiosity, what does y'alls caloric intake for the day look like? Do ya feel guilty for making room for a certain guilty food? Also, I sort of need some ideas on what I can maybe make for my meals. Running kinda low on ideas.

I'd suggest finding some pals with a similar calorie goal who have open diaries, then you can peruse at your leisure!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I absolutely make room for a "guilty" food, although I'm not guilty about it! Chocolate, ice cream or candy literally every night, about 200 calories worth, depending on what calories and macros I have left.

Weekdays, I'm up around 5:00.

Coffee about 7:00, with a quarter-cup of unsweetened almond milk and a tablespoon of hazelnut creamer - 47 calories.

Breakfast between 9:00 and 10:00 - usually greek yogurt or oatmeal, with protein powder and frozen berries - ~350 calories

Lunch around 1:00 - varies food-wise, but usually about 400 calories.

Snack around 3:00 - usually a protein bar, ~200 calories.

Dinner about 8:00 - varies food-wise, and anywhere from 600-1100 calories.

Dessert after dinner - ~200 calories.

Weekends, I usually do more of a brunch and dinner, rather than three meals.
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I think my diary's public...
    I try and balance across meals, but just got so excited that I had 880 calories left for dinner that I had a Bounty bar and now only have like 600. Ooops.
    I'm a bit hit and miss, but use a lot of protein snacks to get that in.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I get 1200 per day and on the days I get exercise I eat some back but not all. I try to eat around 200-300 calories breakfast and lunch and save the most up for an afternoon snack and dinner.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Weekdays I usually have coffee and a protein bar or a shake with protein powder, milk and banana for breakfast.
    Lunch is always leftovers from dinner the night before.
    I cook dinner every night. Lots of variety, but usually 500-700 calories.
    I have an afternoon snack of yogurt and fruit or cottage cheese or something similar that equals about 200 calories.
    I also have a glass of wine every night and 2 or 3 pieces of chocolate throughout the day. Those are my "sanity" calories.
    I eat about 1750 calories per day.

Weekends are pretty up in the air, but I try to stick to my calorie goal.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal without exercise is 1200-1400.
    I eat the same foods I always did just in appropriate portion sizes for my goal.
    My diary is open.

Breakfast-stuff like Greek yogurt, granola bars, cereal with milk, sandwich, dinner leftovers, fruit, cottage cheese (about 200-300 calories)
    Lunch- stuff like sandwich, salad, or dinner leftovers (about 300-500 calories)
    Dinner- something different every night of the month. (about 500-600 calories) I have soup once a week usually.
    Snacks- things like fruit, chips, popcorn, pretzels, chocolate, cookies, granola bar, carrots, celery, broccoli, trail mix, deviled eggs, pickles, cottage cheese (about 100-300 calories)

I find food ideas on Pinterest a lot.
    http://www.budgetbytes.com
    http://www.skinnytaste.com
    http://www.allrecipes.com
    http://www.kalynskitchen.com/
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I get about 1750 a day and I eat back some of my workout calories (when I feel like it)

Wake up at 5:15am, go to gym class from 5:45am-6:30am, shower and go to work by 7am.

Breakfast (8am): Skinny Vanilla Latte from Starbucks OR protein shake + homemade coffee with creamer (~200 calories)

Lunch (12pm): Protein Bar plus fruit (usually apple) (~400 calories)

Snack (2pm): hard boiled eggs (2) or greek yogurt (~150 calories)

Dinner (~5:30pm): ~800-1000 calories (depending on if I worked out or not)- this varies wildly for me, from Sweet Potato Hash with Fried Eggs to Taco Bell to pizza to grilled chicken salad to tacos (yes, I like Mexican food).

Dessert (after dinner): ~200 calories of fruit/ice cream/chocolate as I feel like it.

My heavier dinner also lets me work out fasted (feel sick otherwise) and generally keeps me full to lunch (with my coffee).

ETA: Weekends are more fluid, tend to do brunch/dinner with about 700 calories for brunch and 1000 for dinner (less any snacks)
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Right now, not losing, not tracking, just working on intuitive eating, my day looks like this:

Breakfast (around 7AM) -- Two sausage patties (three to four ounces total), a slice of sourdough toast with a tablespoon of yogurt butter, a large tomato, coffee with creamer.
    Lunch (12PM) -- a leftover roasted chicken drumstick, a whole bag of microwave-steamed broccoli, and some white cheddar on tomato crostini.
    Dinner (7-8PM) -- tarragon chicken thighs (I'll have two), purple asparagus (I will have ~500g), and rice (I'll have maybe 3/4 cup, cooked).
    Other -- I might eat an afternoon snack (a cheese-and-grapes cup, probably), wine while I'm cooking dinner, possibly an entire steamed artichoke before bed.

This is just one day, but it's pretty accurate in terms of how much and what kinds of things I eat these days. I estimate I'm eating ~2200 calories a day. When I was losing, a day was more like:

Breakfast -- a light English muffin with Laughing Cow and a dry-fried egg, fruit, coffee with sugar-free creamer.
    Lunch -- salad w/protein OR a sandwich (on a sandwich thin), side of baby carrots or tomato.
    Snack -- light string cheese.
    Dinner -- lean protein (salmon, chicken, pork chop, etc.) with various seasonings, tons of steamed vegetables.

This came out to 1000-1300 calories per day. I seem to have no middle ground!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I sometimes eat breakfast. Most of the time it's a cheese stick because we have them at work and it's delicious. Most of the time breakfast is late enough to be lunch.

Lunch is typically a mismash of yogurt, cheese sticks, vegetable sticks, and maybe cereal. If I feel like cooking at home I'll usually have eggs. "Lunch" tends to last like three hours as I slowly work my way through those.

Thursday lunch is pizza at work. It's delicious, and probably the only time I do full-on lunch. Friday breakfast is also pizza. Morning pizza is amazing.

I usually have a pre-walk snack of like a cheese stick or a yogurt around 5pm.

Dinner is usually something more substantial. This week was flatbread pizza with onions, pepperoni, and spinach. Yum. Last week was egg sandwiches with greek yogurt instead of mayo. Lower calorie, but I also don't care for mayo (anymore).

I'll usually then eat something before I go to bed, usually a banana or some other piece of fruit. I can't sleep with an empty stomach.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    AshFace22 wrote: »

right now about 2300 for cutting winter fluff.

no, i don't feel guilty for making room for a certain guilty food..i eat very well for the most part...discretionary calories aren't a material component of my diet...ie, they are pretty irrelevant to the big picture.

it's like money...you pay your bills and meet your financial obligations so you're good to go on that front...do you then feel guilty or using some discretionary money to go buy something you want? I mean it would be bad if you were just buying what you want and not meeting your financial obligations...but if you're meeting those, then why would it be a bad thing to go buy something you want.

I eat a pretty wide variety of foods, so my suggestion list would be a mile long and take too much time.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,618 Member
    Options
    My diet is all about "guilty" foods I don't feel guilty about. :)

I eat at weird (for other people) times tho since I like to eat most of my calories at night. I don't really eat breakfast but do usually have some turkey jerky in the early afternoon. Then some shredded chicken or a tuna pouch for lunch around 4:30. Then dinner is around 11:30 pm....greek yogurt or cottage cheese with protein powder/pb2 mixed in, eggs, some fruit, cookies, chocolate, some bread type stuff...It's really a miss mash but makes sense to me. :)

I used to eat more vegetables but then went off the raw stuff and don't really cook or microwave anything else so....
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I usually make room for something most people feel guilty for but I'm afraid my fat macros have been too low and now I'm trying to fix them by having a few weeks of higher fats from better sources; I eat rather clean to do that. I eat about 1550 cals and my diary is open feel free to take a peek.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    My daily meal plan is around 1800 calories now (I'm in maintenance). A typical day is 1/4 of my calories for breakfast, 1/4 for lunch and 1/2 for dinner. But I'll have something extra occasionally, so I guess it averages around 1900. I eat anyting I want, but I have to make room for it - I'll be a lot stricter when my weight start to creep up, and allow myself more when I'm in the low end. The only thing I don't have room for, is food I don't like and food guilt.

I can't imagine my meal plan will appeal to you :D Google recipes ;)
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Breakfast ~200 calories: Yogurt-Overnight Oats Mix (with protein powder)
    Lunch ~300-400 calories: Entree (Meat + 2 veg sides typically) or rice/beans/veg/meat or Soup w/ extra meat added
    Afternoon Snack: ~200 calories: hard-boiled egg or yogurt or cottage cheese
    Dinner (pre-run/pre-gym) ~300-400 calories (same options as lunch)
    Post-run/Post-gym/pre-/at dancing: 200+ calories (yogurt/oats/protein powder + whatever I snack on during my lack of impulse control + probably wine or rum)(will snack/drink more freely depending on number of calories burned beforehand/during)
    Post-Dancing ?: usually something small (protein shake/yogurt/soup/)

Yesterday was pretty much this exactly:

l1uepwuajhcl.jpg
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I eat around 2000 calories a day and it looks like:
    9:00 am breakfast: 300 calories usually 1/2 cup oats mixed with 1/2 scoop protein powder + a fruit
    12:00 pm lunch: 500-600 calories, lunch choices vary a lot but I almost always have an apple and cottage cheese with it
    3:00 pm snack: 200 calories, often a Luna or Kind bar
    6:00 pm dinner: 500-600 calories Meat, starch, vegetable.
    8:00 pm snack: 400-500 calories, bowl of cereal, more oats, 'treat', halo top, etc
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    My current entree batch is combinations of these (1 meat option of 3 + some combination of 2-3 roasted veggie or rice/beans/meat/veg sides):

xyh4u5e5khf6.jpg
  • infinitynevermore
    infinitynevermore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 without exercise.
    Breakfast is usually 2 vegetarian sausage patties and a Greek yogurt.
    Lunch is a sandwich, soup or 8 oz of a pre-made casserole with a measured serving of a salty snack if under 300 cals.
    Dinner is a salad or the casserole if I didn't eat it for lunch.
    This simple plan leaves room for a treat a day like chips, a cookie or a rare soda. And because I worked hard to find this combo of foods that leaves me satisfied for a day, there's no way I'm feeling guilty about finding something to raise my calories for the day above 1000.
  • Wiz_06
    Wiz_06 Posts: 18 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Around 3000+ cals per day.....I have a VERY high metabolism
  • crazyycatladyy1
    crazyycatladyy1 Posts: 156 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I don't associate emotions with eating, and feeling guilty about eating a certain food that's been arbitrarily labeled 'bad' seems a bit distorted to me. Food is food.

My weekdays are pretty structured/repetitive and the current rotation is-

-break my daily fast at 11am with a sandwich: 2 slices sprouted grains bread, toasted, with a fried egg, triangle of light cheese spread, bacon pieces and a tomato. With a bag of Harvest Snaps Peacrsips-one bag of the Caesar flavored ones is 385 calories/17g fiber/17g of protein, plus vitamin C, calcium and Iron.

-late afternoon I have a large, mixing bowl sized salad: usual mix-ins are spinach, spring mix, broccoli florets, tomato, onion, bell pepper, black olives, 1 serving of beans (warmed up), hot sauce and light French dressing.

-supper is around 6pm and is either salmon or tilapia, with either California Blend veggies (a steamers bag), or sauteed mushrooms with asparagus/onions. Sometimes I'll add a serving of rice to the California blend veggies as well.

-eating window closes at 7pm (I do 16:8IF)

(coffee is mixed in throughout the day as well).

Weekends are not structured and we typically eat out 1-2 times, eat at relatives etc. Today we're hosting a Mothers Day get together with my side so I'll start with my weekday fare, but then we're doing brats on the grill with various sides and desserts for supper.

Calorie-wise: I'm in maintenance and usually eat a bit under my calorie goal during the week and then eat a bit over on the weekends. It all evens out and my maintenance range is 125lbs-130lbs.