Started a diet 3 days ago and have lost three pounds. One of my meals went like this.

Options
ssshhhaaarrrooonnn
ssshhhaaarrrooonnn Posts: 3 Member
Quick and easy

butterball turkey burger (1) cooked with salt and pepper and a hint of butter in a nuwave.
just boil Brussels sprouts with cauliflower cut up. two cups

Serve on top of Turkey Burger. I use salt, because you will die without it. season as you please, but it is delicious. This has about 250 calories. Currently I am On a 1100 calorie diet.

Enjoy

Replies

• poorankapoor
    poorankapoor Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats! U need protein with wieghts or else this wieght would be coming from muscle which makes a person look sick. You dont want that, trust me !
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Just to ease your mind about the sodium...

Most healthy people only need a minimum of about 500mg a day. Most of that can be derived from the naturally occurring sodium found in food. It would be very rare from someone to die from a lack of sodium.

There are however some people that require a higher sodium level because of medical conditions but those people are fairly uncommon. Most people consume far more than what our bodies require.

I like turkey burgers however especially mixed with serrano peppers, cumin, garlic and a whole lot of other stuff!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    1200 (before exercise) is a default minimum for women - for nutritional purposes. Unless you are really, really short (or under medical supervision) you should try to eat a bit more.

Weight loss is a marathon....not a sprint. Try to foster lifestyle changes. I don't low carb or do low sodium because that's not what maintenance will be for me (I don't have medical issues).

Brussels sprouts are fab roasted with olive oil.
  • rmunro1
    rmunro1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    1200 (before exercise) is a default minimum for women - for nutritional purposes. Unless you are really, really short (or under medical supervision) you should try to eat a bit more.

Weight loss is a marathon....not a sprint. Try to foster lifestyle changes. I don't low carb or do low sodium because that's not what maintenance will be for me (I don't have medical issues).

Brussels sprouts are fab roasted with olive oil.

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Congrats! U need protein with wieghts or else this wieght would be coming from muscle which makes a person look sick. You dont want that, trust me !

While true, it's very common to lose a lot of water weight in the beginning

OP, why 1100? That's below the recommended intake and generally not healthy unless under doctor supervision.
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You need to eat to loose weight!!! Sometimes is hard to get used to eating raw veggies and veggies in general. Personally I eat vegetables that I don't like much. I see as medication. For example I am not a fan of zucchini but will add to chili or minestrone soup because I know I will eat. Eating protein is very important, I usually have a carb serving and 2 or 3 serving of veggie along with the protein, so it feels me up.