Not so new to this

Options
Hello MyFitnessPal peoples. I've been a member for a little while but just started taking my health seriously. I have a ton of weight to lose and I'm not focusing as much on my calories as I am sugars and carbs because I'm breastfeeding. So I'm using this and the Atkins dashboard to keep everything up to date. How do you keep clean and healthy eating fun and trying new things "especially eating out" without busting your diet.

Replies

• kpappas1993
    kpappas1993 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For me it all starts with breakfast. I have a 1,820 calorie budget so I don't get much to work with. Breakfast can have so many calories if you eat waffles, pancakes, eggs, etc. I eat oatmeal most days and that only 160 calories and it's healthy. I eat the Walmart brand maple brown sugar instant oatmeal. And then eat a piece of fruit with that. For lunch I only eat lunch food. I used to each leftovers until I started tracking my calories and learned how many calories in was eating. So typically I eat a ham sandwich with 2 slices of cheese and mayo, a cucumber sandwhich with mayo, or a tomato sandwich with mayo. Then some carrot chips (which are just fresh cut carrots but they are called carrot chips) or some other vegetable like celery with peanut butter, or a fruit. I love eating apples with vanilla yogurt. And lastly, if I'm still hungry, some cheeze it grooves, they are actually really good and low in fat and stuff. Or I'll eat special k cracker chips (soo good!) Or popcorners popcorn chips. Try to eat the serving suggestions. Portion control is a huge part of weight loss. For dinner I used to eat 2 plates. Dinner meals are typically 600 calories or more, so that's bad to eat 2 plates. Now I eat 1 plate and if I'm still hungry I will eat half a plate. Whatever your eating, try to eat the serving size suggestion. If I want a snack at night, I eat homemade banana ice cream. Which is bananas, vanilla, blueberries, chocolate syrup and vanilla almond milk. Oh that's another thing, if you switch your milk you'll cut down on calories and fat as well. I don't really go out to eat, if you do go out is suggest drinking water and getting a salad with some chicken. Appetizers will hurt your diet. Try to drink water as much as you can. And work out too. I bought a treadmill so I don't have to worry about not having time to work out. Hope this helps!