New...ish?

Options
AdamKast
AdamKast Posts: 7 Member
Hi everyone. My name is Adam. I've been struggling with my weight for a long time. I can't tell you how many times I've "Tried" To lose weight. I've done it all. I've even spoken to Richard Simmons Himself.

Then I got to a breaking point and said I'm done "Trying" and I'm going to "DO".

I started at 405 lbs and as of today I'm down to 377 lbs and counting. I'm not stopping until I can look in the mirror and love the person I see.

I'd love to make some new friends and get to know people better! Feel free to say Hi!

Replies

• spillmancl
    spillmancl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Adam,

My name is Cary (like Cary Elwes from the Twister movie). Anyway I think it's great that you are diving in and determined! You will do it, I have no doubt as long as you take it one day at a time. I have to remind myself the same thing. One day will turn into many, again preaching to myself as well. Like all of us just being in a place like this I think is a huge help.
    Anyway, love the skin you are already in and the battle will be a little easier. Don't let society dictate to you how you should feel or look, otherwise it's a never ending black hole. Having goals is great, we all need them, just make sure they are yours and hang out with like minded people (or people you want to emulate).
    I am glad you are here, I am glad to be here too (I am new at this too) and I look forward to talking to you and others as we do this together! Have a blessed day!

Cary
  • ThreeKeys_
    ThreeKeys_ Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I wish I could grow a beard like that you handsome *kitten*.
  • WildAngelJoy
    WildAngelJoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi Adam...Congratulations on your success so far, you are doing awesome and have a great attitude!! Long story short, I gained weight a few years back and lost it with MFP, walking and a Richard Simmons dance DVD ("Dancing To The Oldies"). I gained the weight back on due to prednisone I had to take for asthma. I started MFP again on January 1st, on the 5th my hubby passed away suddenly. I tried to keep on MFP but had to take a hiatus to start getting my life together (I did lose 13 lbs. during this time but not in a healthy way). I feel I am at that point and have just touched base with dear MFP friends who stuck by me through this trying time. I hope we can walk this journey to fitness together :)
  • WildAngelJoy
    WildAngelJoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey Adam...I tried to message you but the system is glitching. Feel free to friend me if the request didn't go through.