Garmin Freezing, Losing Steps

Options
Today is the second time my Garmin VivoSmart HR has frozen up. It just shows the default screen (time doesn't change), and doesn't respond to touch. I have to hold the button down to force it to power down, leave it off for a while, and start it back up.

1. Does anyone know a long-term fix for this? This is the second time this week.
2. How should I adjust for lost steps? I know about how many I lost the first time but it took 45 minutes for me to realize it was frozen this time and it only remembered from the last time it synced, putting me back to before I left the house this morning.

Replies

• LostSun8
    LostSun8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Is it a new VivoSmart? Perhaps you need to update it. I have read mentions of bugs with the vivo devices on the garmin forums.
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    It isn't brand new, I've had it since February. Monday was the first time it ever froze on me.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    What was it doing right before it froze?
  • FreyasRebirth
    Options
    It was just showing me the time. I wasn't doing much of anything special.
  • FreyasRebirth
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Okay. Today it was like it was severe slow motion. Not frozen completely but only responding very sluggishly to button press, not touch. Restarting it seems to have helped (edit: it didn't really help) but I can't go debugging it every single day.
  • FreyasRebirth
    Options
    I managed to force it back to version 3.07 (which I believe is what it shipped with) and it started working just fine again. Now I'm reinstalling the new version, hoping that isn't a mistake. So far, so good.
  • FreyasRebirth
    Options
    Nope. Back to working in extreme slow motion.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    1 (913) 397-8200

Garmin support number. Call them. They'll probably send you a new device, it sounds like yours is likely defective.