Scales

Hello Everyone!!
I've been thinking about buying a scale that tells me water weight, fat, muscle mass, and etc. there are tons and tons of options out there was wondering if any of you have one that you love or have had one that you hated would love any advice, tips, or opinions! :smile:

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    They aren't very accurate
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Other than your weight, the other numbers are highly inaccurate. I have one, and the only number I pay attention to is weight. The muscle weight, fat percentage and bone weight I ignore.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    edited May 2017
    I bought one from a chain store, low price, didn't know it did that stuff. I use it every day for weight and BF.

They are inaccurate, but it doesn't matter, they show the trend and they can be very useful. For instance, start by having a good expectation of what you think your body fat is. Lets say that's 20% Then get on the scale and use it properly, let's say it tells you 15%, that's fine, don't believe it, but if over a week or two you see it start telling you 14.5% or 14%, you can pretty confident you've lost a % or so and you're now 19% ish rather than 20% ish.